Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Dad to be, advice/reassurance needed
  • el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

Bit of advice… is this normal

Mrs eGn is around 8wks pregnant (1st baby so we’re new to it). We had an unscheduled early scan, heartbeat etc. Great. She has had most preg symptons.
    But now she says that she doesn’t feel pregnant anymore.

Is this normal??
    Is there any thing we should be worrying about?
    Worth speaking to a Dr/MW?

We do have the first proper scan in 2wks? I guess we just sit it out and wait until then. Its just a bit worrying, worse for Mrs eGn.

thanks

eGn

stumpyjon

Getting overly worried about all sorts of insignificant things during a first pregnancy, reading far too much into feelings, yes that’s normal.

Wait for the scan unless you’ve got something concrete to report.

bencooper
    Free Member

Yes, pretty normal – it doesn’t begin to seem real until there’s a big lump there.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Unless there is good reason most doctors won’t send you for another scan. You can however go private, costs about a hundred quid I think, may be worth it for peace of mind.

molgrips
    Free Member

Is this normal??

A lot of complex psychology going on here, for both of you. Don’t ignore it, but it’s probably not a physical issue. Ask her why she doesn’t ‘feel pregnant’

matther01
    Free Member

I have 3 girls already and a boy due next week. It’s normal to feel anxious, but always better to stay safe and see the doc.

qwerty
    Free Member

My advice would be get as much sex & sleep as possible before her hormones run wilder and your no longer the light of her life 😉
    Congratulations 🙂

bruneep

What bike will you have for sale?

moniex
    Free Member

I understand the worry, with my first I had some bleeding at about that time. Really worried me and I did a lot of crying. The doctor could not really do anything, just had to wait.

The baby is now much bigger and at high school!

“Not feeling pregnant anymore” would not worry me too much, hormones are all over the place… I never had much sickness with my two and it went very early in the pregnancy (only had it between 6 and 8 weeks).

Try not to worry, but I am sure you and the mrs will!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Wot he said

You worry about everything the fist time round and for the fist few years too.

mrsflash
    Free Member

I found early pregnancy symptoms disappeared at about 9 weeks leaving you worrying that you didn’t feel sick any more! Completely normal 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

First 12 weeks dragged for us too.

Only 2 or 3 weeks now till a new DD is unleashed on the world. Enjoy it. It flies by.

Gonna be awesome squared. 😀

geetee1972
    Free Member

One thing worth mentioning is that pre-natal depression is massively under diagnosed/unrecognised and yet the evidence suggests it is almost as common as post-natal depression.

I’m not suggesting your wife has it for one minute; merely to point it out to make you aware. It made my life a living nightmare for six months I can tell you!

loum
    Free Member

Is this normal??
    Is there any thing we should be worrying about?
    Worth speaking to a Dr/MW?

Good luck with everything el Gato Negro, and congratulations.
    A bit of worrying is normal, but you don’t have to worry more than neccesary. All the “don’t worry” advice above is made with the best intentions, but it’s not going to calm your wife hearing “stw think you’ll be fine”. And stress is no good for her. The dr.s and midwives are there to support you, so if you think it’s worth the trip, go and use them. Or try the walk in centre. “Don’t worry , every thing’s fine”, is worth so much more from a health professional . There’s a simple urine check they can do on her hormone levels that shows everything is ok.
    Talk to mrs el gn about if there are any other problems/symptons. “not feeling pregnant” can be meaningless with her hormones going up and down, and most of the time it will be this. But on the other side, and having been through a miscarriage with mrs loum, I’d be contacting a health professional for them to confirm things are ok.

jekkyl

yeah don’t worry until there is anything concrete to report or otherwise. Always remember when my mrs was preggers the baby didn’t move for a whole day and she spent the whole day crying, grieving for our lost child, only for it to pipe up and kick her in the ribs first thing next morning.
    Enjoy your child, being a parent is so awesome it’s unreal, you’ll never believe how much you can love another person that’s not yourself.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Your real name isn’t William, is it?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I opened this to type a bit of advice, but I was going to write something along the lines of what loum has said, so, yeah, what loum said +1

Really, really…see your GP and midwife…pregnant women do get a lot of good care from the NHS. It’s there to be used.

geoffj

deadlydarcy – Member
    First 12 weeks dragged for us too.
    Only 2 or 3 weeks now till any time now a new DD is unleashed on the world. Enjoy it. It flies by.
    Gonna be awesome squared.

FTFY 😀

sharkbait
    Free Member

As the great Homer Simpson once said:
    “Aww, I’ve got three children and no money. Why can’t I have no children and three money?”
    Congrats… It’ll all be great (sometimes!) 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Dad to be, advice/reassurance needed’ is closed to new replies.