Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Dacia cars
  • scruff9252

My beige, diesel car is about to get scrapped and needs replaced. I’m not one to use a car as a status symbol and I’m pretty hard on them – muddy bikes, windsurfering stuff, wet kit, dogs and all sorts gets thrown in the back with glee abandon.

Accordingly I need a new (to me) car to last me the next x years. I’m looking at the best value I can when assessed on a capital cost / expected life metric.

The dacia seems pretty good – I had a decent poke about a new one today in the forecourt and taken by the step way.

Has anyone any ownership experience of them?

Second hand is looking g like ~£5k for a 3tr old, 30k car which seems like pretty solid value

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’m looking at the best value I can when assessed on a capital cost / expected life metric.

Have a look at the mega miler thread.

Then buy a Volvo. 🙂

monkeychild
    Free Member

You must be looking at the utilitarian Logan thing.

PePPeR

Not too bad a car as long as you look at them as older Renault designs.

Although it would be worth seeing how much it cost when new, I bet it wasn’t much more than 5k

We bought a Renault Laguna for commuting in, cost us 6k the retail had been 19.5K, this was three years old ex lease.

We’ve done over a hundred thousand in the next three years and its been really good!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Price seems high unless the a laturette – the top of the range.

Also

I have a sneaking suspicion that dacia dealers are doing what daewoo did in the 90s is keep the price high by keeping all the in wareenty stock in the dealers to keep price inflated.

Soon as the warrentys up it will plummet is my thoughts.

I would buy one, and probably will. But not at 3 years old and 30k miles.

chestrockwell

Mate of mine got an Insignia estate on a 60 reg with 60k on the clock for similar money. I wouldn’t pay 5k for a 3 year old Dacia.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I wouldnt pay that for a vauxhall of any age.

So horses for courses, buckets of bolts. Havnt even mastered pedals seat and steering wheel in a straight line.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Toyota Auris. Boring as Hell, slow, but ultra reliable and if you stay away from main dealers, cheap. Chain driven engines too so no cambelt just oil/plugs etc.

smokey_jo

I bought a new one, it started rusting within 6 months. It feels very tired after 2 1/2 years, starting to rattle and clunk more. I wouldn’t pay a quarter of list price for a 3 yr old Dacia.

Dealers are reselling rejected cars after they’ve had a quick respray.

Don’t believe the warranty if doesn’t mean anything to Dacia, they’ll worm their way out out it every which way.

If you do buy one, use a credit card for the deposit so when you reject it you have some protection.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

I bought a Logan back in May. It’s my first brand-new car and I love it. The boot is huge (for kids, bikes, tents, building materials etc.

I went for the 90TCe (petrol turbo) which is a bit quicker than the diesel but still economical. It ain’t quick, but I have no trouble overtaking the “I always drive at 40” tards on the moors without having to thrash the engine. On the slip road, it gets up to motorway speeds quickly and comfortably.

I went for the middle trim level. You get electric windows, built in hands free, Bluetooth stereo etc. I’m not sure the extra is worth it for the highest trim level. I can live without front spots and alloy wheels. I did, however, pay extra to have it in a colour other than the standard white.

I can’t comment on reliability as I’ve only had it 3 months, but seeing as I got a brand new estate car for 9 grand, it would have to be pretty bloody unreliable for me to deem it a bad deal.

Do a google search to see what the motoring press say about resale value, if you care about that. They’re not bad.

On holiday in Scotland the other week, I saw loads of Logans, UK, French and Dutch registered ones, loaded with kids and bikes and surfboards and the like. I think it’s a good choice of car for active-lifestyle-type families.

Go and test drive one.

chestrockwell

I wouldnt pay that for a vauxhall of any age

Me neither, but I’d have his Insignia over a Dacia Stepway.

hora
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with Vauxhalls, I have a Saab 😆

personally if I was buying a Dacia it’d be a Duster. They look great. A Logan looks, well.

Dudie
    Free Member

Off to test drive a new Duster 4×4 tomorrow with a view to purchasing. Nowt comes close for the price. Was out in the Julian Alps a couple of weeks ago and they’re very popular over there. Sounds like Smokey jo’s Duster is one of the Indian built ones, which are known to rust and disassemble themselves quite quickly. Production of RHD Dusters was moved to Romania where the left hookers are built to address this and, by all accounts, all the facelifted versions (2015-) are fine.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I have a three year old 30,000 mile Duster bought when it was two years old and 12,000 miles. No problems so far, average of 51.46mpg over my (driven very sedately) ownership. It is one of the Indian built examples but when I had some trim panels off to fit some wiring it looked like it had been dunked in waxoil. I’d happily have another Dacia based on my cheap and cheerful experience with this one

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Dacia cars’ is closed to new replies.