• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by SnS.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • DAB radio recommendations?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

I know you can get it online and thru TV but I’d like a small cheap mains & battery powered DAB radio

Stoner
    Free Member

These Aves at Morgan copmuters are excellent.

http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/product_detail/14600/Aves-Classic-DAB-FM-Portable-Radio/

I got the black one (out of stock now) for Mrs Stoner to use in the shed on the turbo. Very good sound, nice and small. Easy to use.

I got the one linked for Mrs Stoner Sr for xmas. Lovely ol’ fuddy duddy she is, even she managed to learn to use it quickly.

If my 7yr old bedside matsui woudlnt insist on keeping going, I would have one of these for myself. Id even get one to replace the old Sony one in the kitchen too.

kcal

budget? John Lewis do the Spectrum which I reckon looks pretty good. It’s £30 though.

freddyg
    Free Member

I bought one in Asda about two years ago for less than £20. It is perfectly adequate.

pondo
    Free Member

Not so cheap at fifty quid be we’ve got one a Roberts Unologic – mains or battery, if you put rechargeable AAs in it, it’ll recharge them when you plug it back into the mains, which is nice. Also has a 3.5mm (I think) input jack, so if you want to play something off your phone or MP3 player, you can play it through this. Also has FM, for when I’m pottrering about the house and I’ve got all the radios including non-DAB tuned into the same station.

It’s a nice bit of kit, but not sure how enthusiastic I am about DAB just yet…

hora
    Free Member

Pure Classic. I will thump anyone on the arm who disagrees

kcal

6 * ‘C” batteries, nice! or shell out another handful of notes on their own recharge pack, still not a bargain 🙂

SnS
    Free Member

Another vote for the diminutive John Lewis Spectrum – Got one on bathroom duties on a corner shelf. – Does the job nicely.
    Needed a radio in there but didn’t want anything expensive to get wrecked.

* If used on batteries ( eg. bathroom), dab radio’s can be battery hungry, so you may end up looking into a couple of sets of rechargeable)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘DAB radio recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.