Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • DAB radio…. dummy Q.
  • alpin
    Free Member

i’m “new” to this.

if i were to get a DAB radio for the van, does that mean i can listen to 6music? even though i’m in Germany?

gobuchul
    Free Member

No.

You would need some type of internet radio to get BBC abroad.

Junkyard
    Free Member

only if the signal reaches Germany …I doubt it does but some analogue used to reach the border areas in the early 90’s not sure how far digital carries tbh

jota180
    Free Member

does that mean i can listen to 6music? even though i’m in Germany?

No, unlikely
    Even with ideal conditions co-channel interference would kill it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Nah, DAB won’t work in Germany. Does it work through an app on a jellybone like TuneIn if you’re abroad? I assume that takes the interweb signal for the station rather than a radio signal?

While goggling, I found this article in the guardian about how best to listen to bbc radio overseas.

CountZero

deadlydarcy – Member
    Nah, DAB won’t work in Germany. Does it work through an app on a jellybone like TuneIn if you’re abroad? I assume that takes the interweb signal for the station rather than a radio signal?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countries_using_DAB/DMB#Germany

jota180
    Free Member

That won’t help him for 6 music though 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Aye, I meant that for BBC stations, though some people are too deliberately stupid to work that out.

Jamie
    Free Member

It will work, but it will be called SechsMusik and only play:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQYQTFudrqc[/video]

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Having spent a few weeks working in Germany listening to their radio stations, I can understand alpin’s yearnings for something half decent.

alpin
    Free Member

too true, darcy…

there is FM4 (have a listen) which is Austrian. Fortunately Munich is within range most of the time (weather depending).

other than that the choice is pretty dire. and the adverts! arrrgh!

ok, then DAB isn’t a big must for the van. will have to make sure i download a few R4 programmes before a long drive.

dankeschön!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘DAB radio…. dummy Q.’ is closed to new replies.