Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Da Bomb Cannon dropper post from CRC – any experiences?
  • gonetothehills
    Free Member

Just looking at slightly ‘cheaper’ options for a dropper post and wonder if anyone’s got any experience of the Da Bomb Cannon that CRC have?

I’m guessing it’s something that’s been rebadged but can’t work out which one?

I’m basically looking for a 30.9, don’t want to shim a 27.2 and actually prefer the idea of a lever operated one, to avoid the cables etc. Could be converted to the idea though…

Cheers.

BoardinBob

Cheaper and comes with lever and remote kit

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/x-fusion-hilo-remote-dropper-seat-post/

Northwind

If it’s as good as their pedals, it’ll break instantly and there will be no spares.

nickjb
    Free Member

I thought we were talking cheap, eg £60 t-mars territory. You can get a Reverb for that sort of money, and you should get one with a remote.

warpcow
    Free Member

Looks like a catalogue job called DSP-somethingorother (I think). Seen them on ebay much cheaper.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

why would you not get a reverb from a german site for the same money (see various PSA threads)?!

prefer the idea of a lever operated one,

dont worry, that will pass.

Speeder

I thought we were talking cheap, eg £60 t-mars territory. You can get a Reverb for that sort of money, and you should get one with a remote.

why would you not get a reverb from a german site for the same money (see various PSA threads)?!

+1 to both

There’s £20 max difference between that rebadged thing and the best on the market – I wouldn’t waste my money.

dibboid
    Free Member

Well it looks like a ks dropzone like mine. I thought I could buy the remote kit at a later date. How wrong was I as the remote doesn’t convert the non version. after trying a bike with a reverb on I’d wished I’d waited and got the reverb. The remote makes the difference.

wattsymtb
    Free Member

Not really relevant to your question but the description sounds like it was written by someone whose first language isn’t English.

When you’re crossing through the exciting terrains, it would be more exciting if you can adjust your seatpost whenever you need it. Adjustable seatpost with 110mm range. Lever mounts under saddle.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Looks like my old i900. I had the no remote version for the same reason you are thinking about and it was fine. I now have a Specialized Command post that has a remote and having a remote is so much better. You can drop/raise the post when on technical sections, you simply cant do that with an under saddle lever.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Thanks – all helpful stuff. The Reverb from Probike shop is coming out about £160 shipped so I can see the attraction. Looking at the super cheap TMARS ones, the thing that put me off was I couldn’t find a 30.9 without using a shim, which in the light of recent topics, had made me think a bit (though the frame’s not in warranty).

So… is there a circa £100 shipped, 30.9 dropper post that’s worth a look? Are these worth a punt?

In an ideal world, of course, a 2nd hand Gravity Dropper would probably be ideal 🙂

razorrazoo

Personally dropper posts is one part of the market where pretty much you get what you pay for. I’ve had a HiLo which did the job, but a Reverb is so much better in terms of performance, I think the full hydraulic system is a real advantage over cables. I’d be wary of a buying something cheaper now and wanting to upgrade in 6 months time. The £160 reverbs won’t be around forever, I’d bite the bullet and snap one up.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I agree, the major downside of my command post is the cable getting gritty, it almost ruined my trip to Scotland this year.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Da Bomb Cannon dropper post from CRC – any experiences?’ is closed to new replies.