Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • D30 armour breaking up In knee pads…….?
  • ricky1
    Free Member

race face Indy knee pad,had them since Christmas,washed twice,not a hot wash,now the armour inside has broken into 3 pieces which leaves them useless,should I have put them in the wash,they should be machine washable surely,need advice before a maybe wasted trip to where I got them from.

andyl
    Free Member

From the D3O website:

For CE certified D3O® products please follow the washing guidelines issued in the CE booklet user instructions.

For other parts please use the following caution:

Due to the wide ranging use of D3O® and unique stresses that each application imposes on the D3O® components during use, integration etc, it is very difficult to suggest specific washing instructions, appropriate to each and every application. As a general rule we recommend that D3O® protectors are removed carefully from the garment and are wipe-clean only.

For more details please refer to the D3O® Care & Handling Instructions and individual product data sheets.

Also spotted this review saying not removable: http://enduro-mtb.com/en/team-tested-race-face-indy-knee-guards/

Do they have a washing label? If you followed it then warranty.

ricky1
    Free Member

Thanks Andy,if I read right it says take the d30 out and wash the fabric but the d30 is sewn in to the pads,well saved a trip to the bike shop anyway,cheers

hainman
    Free Member

This Product is PISH!!!!!

” sets of the Elbow pads failed the exact same way on me…

and they werent even washed

Suggsey
    Free Member

Least 3d pads are not washable at all too…..D30 is not washable! Surface sponge only if you have dog egg on them otherwise wear, air, repeat!

andyl
    Free Member

Thanks Andy,if I read right it says take the d30 out and wash the fabric but the d30 is sewn in to the pads,well saved a trip to the bike shop anyway,cheers

are there any washing instructions on the inside of the pad? If it says machine washable then you have a claim.

Glad I found the d30 ones I tried uncomfy now and stuck with the Kyle Straight ones that I got on PSA here as they were much comfier. Didn’t think the d30 ones protected as well either in the home test against the door frame.

ricky1
    Free Member

Yes Andy it has a wash owl with a 40 degrees on it but underneath it says only wash at 30 degrees,I’ve had them on a 30 degree 30 minute wash,I can’t find my receipt so I’m hoping the bike shop can find some sort of record as they linked the purchase to my email address when bought.
    I agree hainmen,have rang all my buddies to warn them of this as they all big d30 up,good product…..just no good at being wet,which yes is pish for us.

Dunk10
    Free Member

The first batch had a habit of doing this all the ones that have come through the shop I work at in canada have been warrantied no questions asked. Contact silverfish and they should be able to help you out

kimbers

A load of user reviews for the Indy pads had them melting on the first ride in summer, put me off them as they seemed like a good idea

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘D30 armour breaking up In knee pads…….?’ is closed to new replies.