Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • D-Shaped Seatpost
  • Jamie
    Free Member

What’s the benefit of this then?

cr500dom
    Free Member

comfort

wwaswas

What’s the benefit of this then?

It’ll fit in a D-shaped seat tube?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DrRSwank
    Free Member

Saddle can’t twist?

AndyRT
    Free Member

You can’t tell that a forklift drove over it in the factory

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Lighter than a pair of bombers when you want to ‘own’ someone

honeybadgerx

See 650b argument.

andrewh
    Free Member

Brilliant wwaswas 😀
    Seriously though, very easy to line the saddle up. I’ve got a couple of even odder shape ones, Yeti ASR-C and Scott Plasma, no problems at all. Both apparently done for aerodynamic reasons. It may help in a time trial on the Plasma at 25mph+ average, whether it makes much of a difference on the Yeti at 10mph average I don’t know, I suspect not.
    Yeti one needs a special adapter to fit a work stand though.

Jamie
    Free Member

Saddle can’t twist?

I must be having a slow day today, as I never even considered that.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Cool! Can we have d shaped steerer tubes as well please so I get the stem on straight every time?

/wanders off to patent office…/

plyphon
    Free Member

I’d rather have my saddle twist than puncture my arse!

Likewise with a stem.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Actually thinking about it, that would be brilliant. You could do without the clamping bolts on the stem and just have the sfn and pretension bolt.

I am officially a genius.

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

It is to allow forwards/backwards flex for ride comfort while maintaining sideways rigidity under pedalling. The flat edge on the rear will be much less resistant to flexing than the rounded edges and should therefore allow the post to bend backwards to some degree when you hit a bump.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Less torque required to clamp it? I find seatposts rarely slip down, but often spin round.

Northwind

Is the point that once you’ve got a D-shaped frame, you have to buy their D-shaped seatposts?

Oh, also, once a seatpost’s stuck in, not being able to twist it to help get it out will be a super-mega-bollocks.

Jamie
    Free Member

Less torque required to clamp it? I find seatposts rarely slip down, but often spin round.

Makes sense. Not much info/specs about to verify yet.

househusband
    Free Member

From some road or time trial bike with a ‘D’ shaped section seat tube so that the tyre can be closer to the aero profile of the tube?

Jamie
    Free Member

CX bikes, HH. So might help with mud clearance?

andrewh
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    Is the point that once you’ve got a D-shaped frame, you have to buy their D-shaped seatposts?

Oh, also, once a seatpost’s stuck in, not being able to twist it to help get it out will be a super-mega-bollocks.

I just assumed it was an ISP. Although now I look at the pic that’s the bottom, not the top 😳
    As if there weren’t enough seat post sizes out there we now have yet another standard. Bollox

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘D-Shaped Seatpost’ is closed to new replies.