• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by SnS.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cyprus in October?
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

So, it’s Cyprus or Scotland. The Mrs says Cyprus but I’m not sure. There’ll be no midges in Scotland in October, I can take the bike (might not get to ride it), I can take me fishin gear (might not get to use it), we’ll have a log fire/wood burner which will get some hammer.
    What’s Cyprus got to offer in October, seriously now.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

It’s still warm in Cyprus in Oct. Good biking out there too.

colonelwax
    Free Member

I went last October. Weather was nice mostly, rained a bit on a couple of days but was nicely hot (28-30).

Very touristy and ex-pats. Lots of Scottish people when we were there so might feel like Scotland?

It was OK, nice weather and “easy” as everyone spoke English, but didnt feel like there was much local stuff. Probably wouldn’t go back.

Go to Scotland.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I won’t be taking a bike, might take a book, but not a bike.

Went to Scotland last October (Lochcarron) crap weather all week.
    I want to go to Scotland again even though I was in Fort Willy in May for a week. 😆

keyses2

Its still warm (high 20s) in October, we’ve been every October for the last 7 years or so and only ever had the odd day of rain, some impressive lightening storms at night occasionally. If you did want a days riding I would recommend Kirsty and Al here – http://www.mountainbikecyprus.com

donsimon
    Free Member

Cyprus definitely. Sun, sea and a bit of foriegn culture, can’t beat it.

geoffj

Scotland or Cyprus in October
    Mmmmm difficult one, but I’d say that the southern European option should just edge it!

iain1775
    Free Member

Are you mad?
    No competition Cyprus all the way

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Mid twentys temps or barely into double figures?

farraraw
    Free Member

Been in october to Cyprus and was abso fabbo! Weather brill, no brainer!
    But is that a mountain bike I hear could get used? Oh dear, scotland it is then. Just accept it, there is no other way – to go

stoddys
    Free Member

Oct is a great time in Cyprus, might be bias as I live here now, choose paphos in fact if you want me to recommend a villa let me know.

jota180
    Free Member

The food [generally] in Cyprus will be a lot better
    Plenty of nice food in Scotland mind, but you have to search it out

SnS
    Free Member

Just come back from a very pleasant week in Paphos.
    Cyprus is one of the very few places we’ve been more than once so I totally agree with the above comments.

Just get it booked 🙂

Chris

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cyprus in October?’ is closed to new replies.