Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • CynicAl, McMoonter and Bertil ride the Northwest Highlands…in the rain
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/mcalandbertilexplorenorthernscotland

A couple of days in and all is well, despite the worst attempts of the weather to stifle our enthusiasm. I will add some pics when we get better wifi.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Pics of bikes chained up outside cafés or it didn’t happen.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/mcalandbertilexplorenorthernscotland
    I’ve just uploaded my pics to our blog.

I’ve still got Al’s to add to it. Maybe he could add a link to his Flickr page here too.

allthepies
    Free Member

Is this Al doing a runner from vengeful Royal Mile cafe owners ?

wwaswas

your blog’s like the wayback machine had taken over the site and turned the clock back 🙂

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Which Royal Mile Cafe seeks revenge on Al? not mine, so far as I am aware…

Good wee blog, simple and to the point.

Was there a headwind at any time? 😉

MrNice
    Free Member

that website is giving me flashbacks to the 90s but it’s making me feel in need of an adventure. I wonder which bike can most easily carry luggage…

rogermoore

Didn’t have time to read but bookmarked for later, great pictures – I love a touring blog! Good work.
    RM.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Was there a headwind at any time?

I think it goes with the territory up there. Though to be fair it was about a 50/50 split between head and tailwinds. 🙂

donald
    Free Member

Was there a headwind at any time?

There’s always a headwind 🙂

beej

Site needs a hit counter for full retro-ness.

mogrim

And ideally an “Under Construction” gif. Loved the blog, too 🙂

whitestone
    Free Member

It’s got a hit counter though it really needs to be in fake 7-segment display font 🙂 It also needs a “Best viewed in …”

mcmoonter
    Free Member

CGOAB isn’t my website, they host lots of bike touring journals. I always find it a good resource if I want to check out a route somewhere. It’s great for touring vicariously in South America. The headwinds in Patagonia are best experienced from beside the stove on a tablet with a dram.

cudubh

Just spotted this. Sounds tough but great fun. I heard this morning that I wasn’t getting a job I had applied for, so remain unemployed. Maybe I should take the spaniel on a road trip as therapy.

fasthaggis

Mr McM

Looks like a good trip.
    Bet those 25% ‘nips’ were great fun fully loaded.

Can I also award you the 2015 car packing prize,excellent work right there. 🙂

Andy

A good read – am off to bimble round arran and mull of Kintyre with the dog in a trailer in a couple of weeks. Cant wait 😀

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Mr McM

Looks like a good trip.
    Bet those 25% ‘nips’ were great fun fully loaded.

Can I also award you the 2015 car packing prize,excellent work right there.

Thankfully we got the chance to descend that 25% hill. It would have been sketchy with cantilevers I suspect. Al and I were both on disc braked Vayas, Bertil on a disc trucker. The climbs out fully laden weren’t too bad, we all had pretty low gears, I think the wind added to the challenge. On a good day I think it would be a lovely if challenging ride. Once past Drumbeg the climbs were shorter and further apart. The landscape was simply breathtaking.

It was touch and go with the car packing. I forgot to pack the tow ball mounted carrier. It’s good to know you could do it though. Three full sized touring bikes upright, saddles and seat posts removed. Al and I turned our bars, Bertil’s went straight in.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘CynicAl, McMoonter and Bertil ride the Northwest Highlands…in the rain’ is closed to new replies.