Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cyclorise Fork Cork- anyone used one?
  • Leadfold

Looks like a interesting idea. Anyone using one? Do they rattle loose? Can you still get them out when they are covered in trail crud?

hudders
    Free Member

Yes I do, but as I am the importer you would guess so, regarding the thought of it coming loose, that is an understandable thought, but the compression washer is made from neoprene and not standard rubber, that makes it very easy to tighten up with just the little gold dial, plus the washer is a very tacky kind of material, once you use one for the first time you will understand how it holds so well.

Regarding rattling, that very much depends on what you shove up the steerer, stuff like shot blocks and other sweeties you would never know, if you want to stick a co2 canister up there I recommend using a small section of old inner tube, ask your local bike shop for a punctured hybrid one for the best fit, zip tie one end and use a twisty on the other.

I tested the prototype version in Moab, and had zero issues with it coming undone, spent the first few miles checking every now and again having a feel under the fork and checking it was tight whilst riding, then forgot about it there after.

Mud, I’ve yet to test one in the worst of conditions yet but I’m sure it will still come out regardless of how muddy, although you probably won’t be using it as much for storing energy products in the winter it will still be ready with a emergency co2 canister, inflation head, cash, if the situation needs it. stoping mud filling up your steerer was the primary reason I suggested to Miles of Miles Wide Industries to make a modern version of the Crud Bung that Pete Tompkins made many moons ago, but Miles being the clever guy that he is took the product and made it into a removable storage device, with the growing demand to go pack-less and judging by sales he did the right thing.

I hope that helps, and any more questions please ask.

Mark Hudson

Gone Biking Mad Ltd

kristoff
    Free Member

I’ve been using one for a couple of weeks, great bit of kit… stopped all the muck this years ard moors could try and fling up at it, simple to remove even when it was muddy and I had gloves on.. highly recommended.

Leadfold

Thanks folks. I’ll get my order in

ajantom

They’re a good idea, but seem a little pricey.
    I know that economies of scale apply, and it’s not like they’re selling millions of them, but looking at it I’d expect it to be more at the £15 kind of price point.

Onzadog
    Free Member

We’ve just come back from a week with Basquemtb where we were using a couple of these. They’ve been perfectly secure, no hint at all of them moving. There was a drop or two of water in there when I checked just now but it was clean and no dirt. Given just how much mank I rode through, I’m happy with it. It’s also perfectly possible that the couple of drop in there have come in from the top.

We’re very pleased with them.

Leadfold

The fork cork has arrived. A nice tidy fit and I can’t see it coming loose if the wingnut is tightened properly. I have to say that I agree with ajantom, it seems a bit overpriced, but that is true of most of these esoteric bits of MTB kit.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cyclorise Fork Cork- anyone used one?’ is closed to new replies.