Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cyclocross/Gravel/Adventure/Woteva bikes with adjustable dropouts
  • baileyswalk
    Free Member

I’ve been coveting the Kona Private Jake but I can only find full builds. I was hoping I might pick up a F&F second hand as skint and already have some nice wheels. Don’t see many second hand tho.

Also, being skint (and loving SS) I was going to run it SS and then probably add some gears further down the line for bigger, longer days/trips. For now just looking for a fun day bike for everything bar techy ST.

Any other frames out there with adjustable rear dropouts that I might get secondhand/cheaper and if any, what’s your experience with them?

I’m not sure about EBB’s, never had one but have the usual, there great/there pants etc., the adjustable dropouts on the Jake look like just the ticket.

nedrapier

Salsa come to mind. Or Kona Sutra? Don’t know what that has dropout wise.

Got EBBs on 3 bikes, never had a squeak out of any of them, all been set up SS and geared. gives you a little bit of geometry messing about possibilities, too – BB height (handy if you’re swapping road wheels and bigger tyres) toe overlap/chainstay length/seattube angle.

Singular Kite?

thomthumb
    Free Member

felt breed was SSCX not many second hand though.
    lots of american stuff – might have been imported privatley. spec/ trek/ giant
    pressfit bb with EBB adaptor is an option
    pompino although tight clearances
    crosscheck

nedrapier

there’s the surly straggler.

monkeyboyjc

Something Singular with an EBB?

baileyswalk
    Free Member

The surly straggler is a good shout, would like to have some carbon fork options though (more choice with a tapered headset) not sure if these other bikes have adjustable dropouts like the Private Jake tho – might have to consider the EBB after all.

baileyswalk
    Free Member

Trek Crockett is another one with adjustable dropouts

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cyclocross/Gravel/Adventure/Woteva bikes with adjustable dropouts’ is closed to new replies.