Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • cyclocross style tyres for mtb 26" wheel?
  • drumon

Are there any cyclocross style or equivalent tyres available for MTB, ie. quite narrow 1.5", with slight raised tread but in mountrain bike size 26"?

Dibbs
    Free Member

Conti XC 1.5's?

njee20
    Free Member

They'd probably be the closest, most narrow tyres are very mud specific, and have very aggressive tread. Rocket Rons and Nobby Nics come in a 1.8".

Have to wonder though… why?

drumon

Why? For riding roads, canal paths, gravel tracks. something nippy, that doesnt require an off road "mountain bike" tyre. Thought it'd be a good idea to have something narrower higher pressure… ?? just exploring the options, thanks for suggestions!

CrumpledCartlidge
    Free Member

what ac282 said

ace tyres

drumon

Cool thanks for tips..
    Will think about it, maybe I'm going to make it too similar to my other bike with Kenda Small Block 8 on. Which wouldnt make sense. Might opt for something smoother.

dobo
    Free Member

if you can find them hutchinson cross comp 1.3's are thin and grippy 26" tyres. i have them and are rather ace tbh, snow, mud, awesome cant believe they dont make them any more, beware of pich flats though

TheBrick
    Free Member

drumon – Member

Why? For riding roads, canal paths, gravel tracks. something nippy, that doesnt require an off road "mountain bike" tyre. Thought it'd be a good idea to have something narrower higher pressure… ?? just exploring the options, thanks for suggestions!

Sounds like any touring tyre will do.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Schwalbe CX Pro, 26×1.35.
    designed as a 26" CX tyre.

druidh
    Free Member

I've just taken delivery of some Schwalbe Marathon Cross 26×1.75 to try as an all-round on/off road touring tyre. My plan is to be riding with rigid carbon forks, so a little extra volume is useful.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘cyclocross style tyres for mtb 26" wheel?’ is closed to new replies.