Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Cyclocross Sizing Question
  • kraftyone
    Free Member

Going to pull the trigger on a Genesis Cda… Can anyone shed any light on which size I would go for? (no shops nearby to try)

I’m between 5’8″ and 5″9… 31/32 inch leg. Instinctively I’d go for a medium (so I think 54cm for the cda) but having only ridden mountain bikes not sure if i should size up for a cross bike?

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Hard for anyone to say what is right for you. I have a croix de fer (similar geo to cda). I am 5ft 10 and 33 inside leg. The 54 was OK but felt a little cramped and I was getting toe overlap. Off road it would have been fine. I wanted comfort and slightly higher bar position (less saddle to bar drop) so went for the 56 but dropped the stem from 130 to 90 and it’s spot on.

I could have easily got the 54 to work to. Guess you really need to sit on one and see how it feels!

I have a mate who is taller than me on a 52 cda and perfect for him.

It’s all really too personal to give remote advice…. But I would say medium (54) would be fine 🙂

Usually advice is to size down for cx but that’s a load of rubbish. Get a bike that fits.

Chew
    Free Member

The down a size usually relates to going from a road bike to a cross bike.

Makes you it up a bit more and more clearance for your plums for any offroad dismounts.

But if its a new bike its always best to have a try on one prior to buying

razorrazoo

5 10 with not particularly long legs here on a 54 CDA and find it very comfortable, I’d say if you can’t try it then 54 is a good bet. Get very slight toe overlap but not enough to bother me (sort of buzzes the front of my shoe if I take a tight slow turn). Running as standard with the stem in negative rise position and all but one spacer under it.

Love mine btw.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Cyclocross Sizing Question’ is closed to new replies.