Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Cyclocross rims
  • tricky-dicky
    Free Member

I need to replace a bent rear rim . It was a Ritchey 700c disc rim fitted on a board man cyclocross frame.
    Any suggestions where I can get a direct replacement. Or an alternative complete wheel, Max budget for rear wheel is £100.
    Thanks
    Richard

Bazz

Try superstar components, they do a wheel set for £180 so may be able to sort you out with a rear only on their custom wheel builder.

But have you considered just having the wheel re-rimmed? You could pick up a Mavic Open pro rim for less than £50 and get a shop to rebuild it, would cost less than £100 i would imagine, and cheaper rims are also available.

Northwind

I have very un-glam Open Sports on mine… They could be lighter but they seem like they’ve got a fair bit of 721 DNA in them, I managed to hammer the rear properly out of shape but the rim itself’s held together perfectly despite being basically expected to be a mountain bike wheel (including a pinch flat at innerleithen so hard that it left holes in the tyre you could almost get a finger through).

I’m a weightweenie so I won’t replace them with the same, but I’m still very impressed.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Cyclocross rims’ is closed to new replies.