Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cyclocross. Reglue tubs every season?
  • plop_pants
    Free Member

I only started using tubs last season and thought they might at least stay in place for two or three seasons before reglueing but I’ve heard this should be done every year. What do you do?

benji
    Free Member

Use clinchers 😉

dobo
    Free Member

Go tubeless 😉

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I tend to reglue mine every season, just to make sure. If in doubt, let them down and give ’em a good push, if they look loose at all then reglue.

aP
    Free Member

Were you at Plumpton today? Just got back after a twelve and a half hour day. Got there and I’d unfortunately picked up a jersey last night instead of shorts… 😥

plop_pants
    Free Member

Didn’t make it today aP, got the lurgy. I’ve just seen some pictures of friends who raced and it looks like they were victims of a rogue muck spreader!

plop_pants
    Free Member

DP

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Depends on how well you glued them 😀

I kept mine in the house from last season and they were perfect this autumn, unfortunately I punctured both of them in the space of two weeks so ended up removing them and putting on new ones.

However they were glued so well I had real problems getting them off, meaning I would have been fine using them one more season without problems.

plop_pants
    Free Member

two coats on rim, two on tub, with a final coating on both before fitting.

Keep mine indoors too so hopefully keeping them at room temperature helps.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cyclocross. Reglue tubs every season?’ is closed to new replies.