Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Cyclocross racing….meh.
  • jonba
    Free Member

cdf with rocket rons, a fs is rarely going to be better on a cx course.

rocket ron doesn’t look like a bad tyre for mud in cx. Grip is a state of mind when you’ve got 35mm tyres in any case. There are better and worse tyres but you are still going to slide.

stanfree
    Free Member

Thanks Bikebouy and Jonba , I’ll go with the cdf and get my drift on. !!!!

trickydisco
    Free Member

clement pdx for mud. They are amazing!

oldgit
    Free Member

Its triffic. And having an over 50’s race means I can still be competitive.
    Doing well early on will mean getting gridded on the front and that makes a huge differnce.
    For my lat race I was called up alongside the masters National champion and the masters world champion. I’m so grateful that cx can offer that.

stanfree
    Free Member

Did my first Cx event tonight and It was a blast . Being mid 40’s I was under no illusion of worrying the results table. What can I say It was hell but felt better after the hour than I have done with 100 + road rides and on a par with my best mtb rides. That’s not too say I was any good , I managed 10 miles per hour which I would have laughed at before the event considering I can average way higher on my own . The course was a mudfest and there were around 120 other riders , My observations were that there are some serious fast young and old guys who ride cyclocross and there bikes weigh less than my road bike never mind my lumpy steel cdf.
    For anybody that loves mtb’ing and notices a Cx event near by do your self a favour and sign up and most of all have fun… 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Cyclocross racing….meh.’ is closed to new replies.