Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Cyclocross for under £600
  • sam69
    Free Member

Anybody bought a cyclocross bike for under £ 600 please,if so what make and model,posted for a pal of mine thanks

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Have a look at Paul Milnes in Bradford..He has CX bikes for all budgets..

Their web presence is crap, but a sound bloke to talk to on the phone etc..

CraigW
    Free Member

I think Edinburgh Bikes own brand ones are not bad, and currently 15% off.
    eg Revolution Cross Sport ’12 http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/products/revolution-cross-sport-12

fasthaggis

Yup,bought in the spring when the cross season was winding down,there were more bargain/clearance frames around.
    Scott CX Comp frame,wheels,chainset and brakes off eBay.
    Bars,saddle and other stuff I had in the shed,under £400.
    If you go secondhand or SS they should manage it easy.

That Edinburger CX looks like less faff though ,if your pal does not do bike build stuff.

sam69
    Free Member

Ok thanks guys for you help nice one

rp16v
    Free Member

i bult up a tricross for about that using the classifieds on hear and rattling bike shops used parts bins

clubber
    Free Member

I’ve built up a few for less than that, second hand bits, usually with a new chainset, cassette and chain.

I can recommend a Dolan multicross frame – been very pleased with mine.

jonba
    Free Member

My focus mares was about £550 (sale) – also in Edinburgh bike coop these days

Graham Weigh and Paul Milnes are good options. Second hand too if you can find any.

You might actually be able to build one for that if you are patient and get some second hand bits. I have some Mavic Aksiums (£60) in the garage if you are interested. 1.5 seasons road use on a summer road “race” bike.

nomakoman
    Free Member

i’ve got a mid size Paul Milnes frameset for sale in classifieds…got some bars lying about too i can add!

i should add it’s going cheap 😉

hammerite
    Free Member

Kinesis Crosslight with Campag Xenon off eBay 2nd hand but in excellent condition. £450.

sam69
    Free Member

jonba you still got those wheels please?

cp

Having just bought a new Boardman CX, I’m splitting my Graham Weigh cross bike, 56cm. Frame and fork plus headset for £120 posted if you’re interesed? I’ll also be sticking various CX bits and bobs in the classifieds later which would help with building the bike up. A Graham Weigh CX is basically a re-badged Dolan Multicross from what I can make out, which are very well regarded. It’s very good condition having only been used for about 6 months, but alas, it’s a bit small for me 🙁

Let me know if you’re interested.

sam69
    Free Member

thanks it would be to small for me im 6ft 1 thanks again,may buy the parts

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Cyclocross for under £600’ is closed to new replies.