Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cyclocross first timer
  • Robertwilkinson
    Free Member

Sold my road bike and decided to give cx a whirl. Lucky enough to live on the Malvern hills and usually run my giant anthem xc bike up and down day or night. Now then, what can I say. Bloody good fun is all I’m saying. Yes you go slower up and slower down but the journey is much more interesting. You’ve gotta choose your lines more precisely and use your natural suspension.tbh it’s no different to putting rigid forks on your hard tail, but the riding position just makes it more bizarre and therefore fun.

More than that I can cruise the roads if I want and pretend I’m cav, then slip off to the left onto trail. That’s an ace thing to do.

Thankfully I think I’ve chosen well with geneisbikes cdf.

There couldn’t be a better time to get the best price for your road bike. Do it and I reckon it’ll make you ‘cross.

mooman
    Free Member

A recent member to cx here too.
    Kept the road bike though .. Kept the winter road bike too.
    Infact, kept the fully rigid mtb, 140mm HT and the bouncer..

I went for a Ridley X Ride .. 1st ride on it this afternoon !!

mugsys_m8

Hands up in the air!

I’m in the club too. Bought an Uncle John. Find I do less and less mountain biking over the last five or so years as raod has taken over. We now live in an area where not so much technical mountain biking as rural hilly france can be a bit like that: just lots of tracks with lots of rounded cobbles and forests.

Had my first cyclocross ride on it last week and couldn’t stop smiling for the 50km that I did. Plan is to do the 3 peaks next year as a goal.

Dibbs
    Free Member

My LBS phoned me yesterday to tell me they’ve got a 2013 Whyte Saxon Cross for me to try (my next Cyclescheme bike). 🙂

LittleTones
    Free Member

Did the Cross thing last year when I bought a Whyte Kings Cross. Living in Essex (near the Olympic MTB course) it’s better equipped for doing road / trail riding which makes up most of the riding round here. Only use my MTBs now when I occasionally go somewhere different.

vegasdave
    Free Member

I’ve got the bug too! Mine is a Cotic X,a 50th Birthday present to myself,last year.
    Great fun,done plenty of local tracks and trails,our infamous Towpath Challenges,Hit The North and a few Notts/Derby Cross races.
    On the horizon,is next month’s Rough Ride Challenge,another Hit The North and hopefully next year’s 3 Peaks Challenge.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cyclocross first timer’ is closed to new replies.