Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cyclocross Chainset
  • monksie
    Free Member

Any opinions on a nice, lightweight ‘cross chainset and bb? I’ll be taking FSA Omega chainset and MegaExo bottom bracket off.
    I’ve asked on Grit.CX as well but it’s a little slow on there for now.

crazy-legs

You after any particular chainring sizes/combination?
    What’s your budget?

Jamie
    Free Member

Shimano FC-CX70 seems decent, but really need some more info.

monksie
    Free Member

Smaller end of the scale chainrings would be preferable. Mostly Peak light riding and budget up to £150 (ish) including bb if I can. Double as well. I’m not keen on single rings and huge cassettes.

crazy-legs

Shimano FC-CX70 seems decent, but really need some more info.

That’s the default choice I’d go for too.

somafunk

Not wanting to muscle in and spam you but i’m selling my Ultegra CX70 and BB here on the classifieds – £55 if you want it monksie

monksie
    Free Member

Bit boring though, aren’t they?

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s a chainset, not a night on the town with Russell Brand.

I’m fed up of replacing expensive FSA bottom brackets every 6 months, so I’m thinking of trying one of these in 48/34 with the appropriate square taper BB.

http://www.spacycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m2b0s109p2799

If I’m feeling flush I might go for the much better TA chainrings.

somafunk

I could ask my neighbour to paint them with some of her gaudy nail varnish if you like? 😉

monksie
    Free Member

Tempted Soma….shame about the damage. If she could do them in Nikki Minaj pink, I’m in.
    All things have beauty Jamie. I suppose if I looked long enough at those chainsets I might see something. Or maybe I won’t.

Jamie
    Free Member

All things have beauty Jamie. I suppose if I looked long enough at those chainsets I might see something. Or maybe I won’t.

In that case. Go full potato, and get an Ultegra Double.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Rotor crankset? I reckon it looks good on the Giant TCX…

crazy-legs

I’m fed up of replacing expensive FSA bottom brackets every 6 months, so I’m thinking of trying one of these in 48/34 with the appropriate square taper BB.

I had a version of that Stronglight Impact on my old CX. Lasted well although it was absolutely wrecked when I finally got rid of the bike – chainset had somehow survived 4 Three Peaks and 5 years of general riding. Heavy but utterly reliable, never a creak or wobble out of it.

Got Rotor chainset with Middleburn rings on my current CX but that’s outside of monksie’s price range!

What kind of excitement are you looking for in a chainset?!

monksie
    Free Member

Oooooh, rotor crankset.
    Oooooh, that Giant TCX.
    See Jamie! All things have beauty and there it is^ right there. All of it.

somafunk

I don’t think she would know of Nikki Minaj pink, at a push she could prob do you a Cilla Black Cerise?.

I’m not really selling them that well am i? 🙁

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cyclocross Chainset’ is closed to new replies.