Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • cyclocross???
  • Northwind

sefton – Member

not sure about the mtb question – I would guess the cross bike would be a better tool. maybe a light rigid race mtb with the correct tyres would have a chance?

Yeah, this does intrigue me… TBH, my rigid mtb is pretty bloody nice and my cross bike is a fair bit lower spec so that causes weight weirdness but even with my normal mtb tyres on it, it’s not that much slower. Would be interesting to try it with skinnier tyres and see what the difference is (in the hands of a knobber anyway)

sefton
    Free Member

id say cx bike due to rd bike positioning would be a biggi!

senorj

I bought one this year. Doubt I’ll ever race,got mine for commuting & playing out.
    Being based in the sarf east It has made 90% of my off road riding far more fun.
    And scary.ha. Riding (any)bikes= good.

bigad40
    Free Member

With the only between last summer and winter being nettles and brambles I can see the appeal of turning a muddy ride into something competitive.
    Saving for my cx bike now.

landofgiants
    Free Member

Never one to dismiss any form of cycling. Got a road bike and mtb, prefer mtbing “coz thems me rootz!”, but enjoy both. It does seem there’s a lot more to it than what I originally thought. I.e devout roadies just being stubborn! Been looking at cyclocross bikes, and they seem pretty nifty. Might get one, even if it just makes going round the 8 at gisburn a bit more exciting.

crazy-legs

CX is brilliant fun. Best all round bike there is.

As for CX racing, generally a CX bike is faster. Funny that. Occasionally on really technical courses an MTB might just be able to hang in there but CX racing and MTB racing are two different things.
    Give it a go, you might like it! You can do most of the entry level CX stuff on a MTB, it’s cheap, friendly and usually pretty accessible, there’s races all over the place every weekend at this time of year. Have a look on http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/cyclocross for more info.

mutley
    chambo82
    Free Member

Qwerty what cyclocross bike is that you are riding in the photo you posted please ? Looking to get myself a cross bike on the cyclescheme at work and it looks smart
    Cheers

geologist
    Free Member

I liked the idea of cx, so I bought a crosslight. However whenever i rode it I felt short changed and wished that I was out on my mtb. I know people ride them up and down mountains, but unless you race I feel they are a lesser experience to mtb’s. I sold mine and bought a blue pig 🙂

Northwind

geologist – Member

unless you race I feel they are a lesser experience to mtb’s.

It’s a different experience, which may or may not suit you. I enjoy it but it’s not the same thing as an mtb ride (even a rigid mtb ride)

(an mtb ride is man + machine vs terrain, a cross ride is man vs machine + terrain)

LenHankie

chambo82 – Member
    Qwerty what cyclocross bike is that you are riding in the photo you posted please ? Looking to get myself a cross bike on the cyclescheme at work and it looks smart
    Cheers

Looks like a 2009 Kona ‘Jake the Snake’ to me.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘cyclocross???’ is closed to new replies.