Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Cyclo cross?
  • ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Just get your head down, chase anyone in front of you and try to drop anyone behind you until someone tells you to stop

THAT is the best way I’ve ever heard it described. Nice one 😀

bakey

bakey-Im based chester way and race all the NW league/Tli north wales races.Drop us a line if you want to hook up-quite a few on the wirral/liverpool way.

What’s your email address Rorscach? I’m mike AT surfanytime.co.uk

Cheers

Surfr
    Free Member

I did my first one a few weeks back at Crickhowell School. Awesome course including off camber roots, up and down steep banks, inclines and the full length of a long jump sand pit.

I lingered at the back of the start line and took my own pace. I ended up picking off riders gradually after being held up by the sheer weight of traffic for the first 2 laps. Next time I’ll try starting much further up and trying to hold a position. I ended up 59th out of 76 finishers and thoroughly enjoyed myself. 99% of riders on cross bikes too bar a couple singlespeed 29ers

And as for 165BPM? LOL, I averaged 180BPM for the hour and maxxed at 192!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/50591800

Going back for round 3 of the series this Sunday near Pontypool. Very excited.

oldgit
    Free Member

A bead of dribble attaching your chin to your thigh is compulsory attire.
    And when you check your watch to see if the race is about to finish, don’t think your watch is wrong it really will have been only five minutes.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Cyclo cross?’ is closed to new replies.