Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cyclo-cross curious – events around Sheffield for a try out?
  • rickk

Did Sherwood Pines a few years ago and kind of enjoyed it, I think there used to be an event near Graves Park but I get the impression it is not being run now.

Is there a league or casual event series to tag on to?

Thanks

Rick

thepodge
    Free Member

Kelham island urban cyclocross but that’s not till April

sb88
    Free Member

The Yorkshire cx league might have a couple more events left. I’m in sheff and did the Wakefield, Leeds and Halifax rounds in Oct/Nov this year but was restricted to ones I could get to by train.

The Sheffield round was cancelled this year.

Novice entry (‘Go Cross’) was only £7 which compares well to running events I’ve done and allows MTBs. Not sure if the points league allows MTBs. I rode my pompino singlespeed and had fun.

I’ll def be doing the summer rounds. Also considering this Adventure Cross series I’ve noticed.

There’s also a Derbyshire/Notts league I think.

alanl
    Free Member

N&D are at Bakewell next Tuesday, but entries have now closed – you need to enter 5 days in advance for that league (a daft idea I think). They have 2 more races in January, both in the Nottingham area.

rickk

Excellent, some good leads there thanks guys.

richvelo
    Free Member

There’s a couple more left in Yorkshire Ilkley and the last of the league races at Barnsley which was a supermodder last year.

Also Novacross on 1st Jan at Knaresborough if you are hangover free.

rickk

Big if….

vdubber67
    Free Member

Remaining Notts/Derby events are Broxtowe (awesome, technical course with singletrack, cambers, mud, running etc), and Chetwynd (stiff climbs, fast descents). Both ‘within’ Nottingham to all intents and purposes.

Both guaranteed awesome 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cyclo-cross curious – events around Sheffield for a try out?’ is closed to new replies.