• This topic has 43 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by mrmo.
Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Cyclists killed in hit and run (Bristol)
  • MrAgreeable

It’s obviously based on US or worldwide statistics but it illustrates a valid point – walking and cycling are dangerous but not doing regular exercise is more dangerous. Imagine if that headline wasn’t “2 cyclists killed by car in Hanham” but “50 people die of heart disease in Frenchay Hospital”

When you start thinking about this, you have to ask why people in some countries don’t, and others do. And time and time again – even in this seething puddle of testosterone dangerous walking and cycling conditions come up as a factor.

D0NK

but KSI stats lump everything together so even the most minor or injuries is counted.

killed or seriously injured so not minor cuts and bruises. IANAStatistician

quick google plymouth council says
    Serious – injury including fracture, internal injury, concussion, severe shock, severe cuts, detention in hospital

And you can see “slight” figures are a LOT higher than KSIs for their region.

mrchrispy

I’ve starter writing to my MP every time I see one of these crappy sentencing cases reported.
    I urge all of you that are offended and bothered about it to do the same, it dead easy and everyone is a step in the right direction to change.

mrmo
    Free Member

Well it can’t be a uk statistic as it includes death by legal execution

of course it can.

Brit on Bali death row

really depends on whether it is about how you die in the UK, or how UK residents die.

It might not be the UK, just pointing out it could be.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Cyclists killed in hit and run (Bristol)’ is closed to new replies.