Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cyclists' defence
  • SaxonRider

When I was road riding with a team back in the early and mid eighties, some of my friends used to carry two water bottles: one for water; the other for orange juice. The purpose of the latter, in case you haven’t guessed, was to spray offending cars with an inconvenient sticky substance.

I was just thinking on my way home, when some **** tried to squeeze me into a curb, how much I would have liked to pull out a water pistol filled with juice.

Is that evil?

7hz
    Free Member

I would not bother pulling anything at all that looked remotely like a gun these days, unless you like looking down the barrel of 6 MP5s wielded by the police armed response units 5 minutes later.

druidh
    Free Member

Are you 12?

IanMunro
    Free Member

I like the idea of these sort of things, but in reality if you’re got time to take a hand off the bars fiddle around grabbing hold of a water pistol and firing it, you’re probably not really in peril in the first place

mudmonster
    Free Member

Sometimes having a gun would be more appropriate

I’ve always found simply shouting “hey, big nose” at the offending motorist/pedestrain/cyclist, quite amusing – you always see them checking their snozzle after you ride off.

brakes
    Free Member

what does the juice do?
    seems a bit inoffensive

oldgit
    Free Member

Regular nasal passage clearing, they wont come near you.

Anyone see KIdult last night, that six year old marathon runner ‘Get out of my way M***** F*****’.

SaxonRider

The theory was that it made the car and/or windscreen sticky and inconvenient to clean.

I suppose it was somewhat inoffensive, but it made some of the riders feel better, and gave them a vent for their anger at having been ignored on the road.

Xylene
    Free Member

Why not just carry an aerosol of Teflon lube with a long thin pipe and spray that on their windows. Might as well go the whole hog.

shoefiti
    Free Member

Why not use a helmet cam, take note of the offending cars details. Buy, beg, steal or borrow a similar car, get some plates made up with their number and repeatedly hoon through speed camera’s and park on double yellows?

That or wait on a bridge and drop a set of Bombers through his windscreen.

Water pistols are for kids, you’ve gotto to think big, the guy tried to kill you didn’t he? 👿

crazy-legs

Coke works well for that too and milk is great if you can get it into the interior of the car cos it really smells!

Having said that, if you’ve got time to pull out the correct water bottle, unscrew the top and pour the contents in/over a car, your life isn’t actually in danger.

Lead weighted water bottle that you could throw through the window, now that would be better…

Do those lollipop things work ?
    I’ve thought about improvising one out of a stick and bit of bright red rag.
    I’m sure I’ve got some spare rag around here somewhere. That stuff I was using to mop up that spilt brake fluid earlier would do.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cyclists' defence’ is closed to new replies.