Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cyclists 40th Birthday Present
  • growinglad
    Free Member

Hello boys and girls, looking for some inspiration.

It’s my buddies birthday (40th) soon and I’m thinking of what to get him.

He use’s his bike day in day out to get to work and I thought about getting him a Brooks saddle (although I’ll be honest, the prices, seem more expensive than when I got mine 6-7 years ago)…..but as it’s his 40th I’m willing to maybe spend such amounts especially as I know he’d get his use out of it.

But what are they like with the weather, I know you can get the polish, but does the damp and wet wreck them?

Anything else people can think of to consider?

nemesis
    Free Member

Some people would love that and if he’s one of those then that’d be a great present. Others less so – I for example wouldn’t really fancy one as for me they just don’t offer anything a modern saddle does and mean having to take care of them.

zoo200
    Free Member

GPS?

jekkyl

babysitting vouchers so he can go cycling or take him away for a weekends cycling.

andybrad

a subscription to singletrack (although he wont get the free gift)

ernie67

If you got one 6-7 years ago why are you asking what they’re like in the weather ?
    Have i missed something ? ….confused ❓

tthew

Brooks do rubber versions these days which are more weather friendly apparently. Think Charlie the Bikemonger stocks them.

growinglad
    Free Member

If you got one 6-7 years ago why are you asking what they’re like in the weather ?
    Have i missed something ? ….confused

Because most of the time I’ve used my Brooks I lived in Greece so didn’t have to worry about riding in the rain.

ernie67

Aaaaah …..confusion ended .

Cheers ( i think it’s a good idea by the way – never had one , but they look bloody nice )

growinglad
    Free Member

I’m actually thinking of putting it on my main bike, which means it will start to have a lot more exposure to wet weather (no longer in Greece)…so I have two reasons to ask 🙂

I saw the rubber ones too, but then that kind of defeats the object, nice looking saddles, but 160euros…hmmm, can’t help thinking that’s a more design than function/craft price tag.

tthew

Ah right. Not considered a rubber one would be more expensive than a leather one, assumed it was the budget option 🙂

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Brooks Cambium, the rubber? Non leather one.
    Great bit of kit IMHO..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cyclists 40th Birthday Present’ is closed to new replies.