Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cyclist/pedestrian interface – need to get me one of those cheap helmet cams
  • mosschops
    Free Member

OK

Riding through London tonight going fairly quick in a pack with about 3 other riders

3 blokes crossing the Road…. Bit of a swagger but no issue as we could go round them But one just stops in the middle of the Road.

Guess he notices us at the last minute For a second I thought it was a bike jack but no he thought this was a good way of us avoiding him

So I hit him full on but under braking

Plenty of F’ing and blind’ing ensues with the bikers and swaggerers exchanging pleasantries

Cycled off with little thought

Now sitting at home wondering how that may have played out differently with

A) a litigation hungry pedestrian

B) knife/gun wielding maniac

So what helmetcam for skint London cyclist?

brakes
    Free Member

don’t bother with a camera, they make you look for trouble in a subconcious way
    and the chances of someone sueing you are very small
    I’ve hit a couple of people cycling through London – each time because they weren’t looking and stepped out

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I’m not sure why you’d want that on video because it sounds like you were totally in the wrong from that description.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    pastcaring
    Free Member

a) he crossed the road without looking, he is at fault.

b) 😥

kimbers

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MD80-Mini-DV-DVR-Sports-Video-Camera-SPY-Cam-DC-30fps-/180637277578?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_Video_Camcorders&hash=item2a0ed21d8a

i have one of these

heres a screen capture

u might want a a bigger memory card if its a long comute

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Maybe I misread it but my interpretation was that rather than slow down when the guys were in the road the OP had time to decide not to, and then got caught out when one of them didn’t do what he expected.

Yes stepping out without looking is stupid, but that doesn’t excuse running someone down when you could have avoided it.

EDIT: he said they were crossing the road, which didn’t imply that they stepped out in front of him.

RichPenny
    Free Member

To be fair, he does also say that he hit him under braking, so he was slowing down Mr Salmon.

Junkyard
    Free Member

FFS it is a bike forum can we not just support another cyclist with the advice they want rather than chastise them for being in the wrong 🙄
    Kimbers what type is that?

kimbers

its a no brand 10 quid copy of the muvi version

i also have the muvi veho which was 30 quid and as far as can tell they are identical

not bad for biking but struggle with dh stuff

[video]http://vimeo.com/15141511[/video]

mosschops
    Free Member

Back home tonight, nearly went over the bonnet of a Vauxhall this morning Him turning right over 2 lanes of stationary traffic but ignored the cycle lane…me maybe going to fast.

On last nights event – as some people have said I was all set to go around the guy but he stopped dead in his tracks so where I anticipated he would be he wasn’t. If I was a bus I guess he would have moved rather than stopped. The thing that bothered me was the level of aggression. Plently more of that today – was it you on Blackfriars Bridge screaming at Mondeo man not to encroach on the cycle lane – I particularly liked the use of helmet (taken from head :-))to gesticulate with

heh heh

Thanks for camera recommendations

MC

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cyclist/pedestrian interface – need to get me one of those cheap helmet cams’ is closed to new replies.