Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Cyclist shot with a BB or pellet gun
  • shotsaway
    Free Member
    PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Hmm. Just down the road from me, I used to work in Eversley. I can hazzard a guess as to where the bloke in the car was from/going to as well, but I’ll keep that to myself I think.

jhw
    Free Member

Anyone else had anything similar happen?

I once had a brick thrown at me from a car – it actually hit me hard on the chest on a fast descent. My first thought was that I’d hit a pigeon.

crazy-legs

A group of us had bottles chucked at us one night on the Dunwich Dynamo. Riding through one of the less salubrious parts of Essex, a ChavMobile came past and a load of glass beer bottles were chucked at our group. Incredibly none hit us.

Utterly stupid behaviour. It’s almost tempting to carry a BB gun to respond to such incidents, it might make people think a bit more. 😉

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Bawbags 👿 I take the screenshot is taken form a helmet cam. EDIT read it again CCTV

Hairychested
    Free Member

Why trace the guy? Hand him over to ton and/or jedi.

SiB
    Free Member

Mate had a broken glass bottle thrown at him from over a wall….severed the main artery in his left arm. I never tire of hearing him tell the tale of how he was sitting at edge of road late at night watching the blood spurt from his arm thinking he was going to die if he didnt get help soon……always makes me laugh!!

A while after that some scallies had tied a rope across the prom he (same mate) rides home along in the dark…you can imagine! Could have ended up in the Mersey.

I chose not to go riding with him!

MrTall
    Free Member

My mate had somebody throw a coffee mug at him on a dual carriageway a few months ago. It hit him on the back of his head (luckily he was wearing a helmet) which could have been very nasty. Fortunately for him it didn’t make him crash. There are plenty of idiots out there i’m afraid.

My local paper ran a story a few years back about a cyclist who passed a group of ‘yoofs’ and felt something hit his helmet as he passed them. When he stopped a bit further up to check he found a small knife imbedded in the helmet which they had obviously thrown at him. Nice.

bigjim

years ago someone was shooting either at us or at the trees next to us as we were messing around on bikes from a flat by the Meadows in Edinburgh with an airgun or BB gun, didn’t really think a lot of it at the time apart from being pissed off. would probably get you in deep dodo these days doing that.

ourmaninthenorth

I had a newly opened can of beer slung at me by a drunk bloke in a passing taxi. Went sailing just in front of my face – I could taste the spray of cooking lager.

aP
    Free Member

Had a brick thrown at me about 5 years ago, hit my chest, dropped onto my knee then into the road – I didn’t stop.
    Had a beer bottle thrown at me and the SO whilst riding the Dunwich Dynamo 15 years ago – Epping eh? Had to stop for upturned face re-assurance :o(
    Riding out to marshal the Archer/Spring 6 weeks ago the guy I was riding with had someone fire what he thought was a BB gun into his leg.

rootes1

this happen back in the early 90’s at a round of the national mountain bike series near teeside (was at the poly)

couple of guys got shot with air rifles whilst racing out on the course – after they have been shot people ran up and snatched their bikes…

theteaboy
    Free Member

I was shot in the thigh, at point blank range, with a bb gun as I passed some ‘acquaintances’.

They thought it was hilarious. I turned round, gave them a bit of a friendly beating, then collapsed in agony when the adrenaline wore off.

D0NK

jhw – Member

Anyone else had anything similar happen?

I once had a brick thrown at me from a carI’ve had a half brick thrown at me whilst riding my bike, but that was by a GF who I was giving backie home from a very drunken party, she had just fallen off the back off the bike and obviously thought it was my fault so lobbed a handy brick at me. Probably doesn’t count in this context tho.

Had an egg thrown at me from a car but it bounced off and smashed on the floor – was just out in town, not riding.

timc
    Free Member

A friend once had a bottle thrown at him,

1 punch = 1 scally out cold

He still feels really guilty about it tbh, i tell him its funny 😯

mintimperial

He still feels really guilty about it

What, for not hospitalising the little **** properly?

Junkyard
    Free Member

got buzzed really close twice by a fast and loud lowered Saxo with three jering yoofs on local loop. Met said yoofs later in the car park and they fled. Unfortunately there getaway was hampered by the inability of the lowered car to get over the speedbumps at anythingabove a crawl – a number of irate MTBers kicked lumps out of their now less blingy car.

younggeoff

whipped across the arse with a fishing rod whilst pedalling home one night unfortunately I was wearing roadie shoes so no stud on them to scratch the car with

Dirrtybird
    Free Member

Im pretty sure this was someone i know and the image the police have is not from CCTV but from his helmet cam – i dont think he ever gets on his bike without it now!!!

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Got shot in the arse whilst travelling through Maryhill along theForth/Clyde canal path by two little neds with an air rifle.

For some reason it had obviously never occurred to them that discharging a single shot weapon at someone on a method of transport considerably faster than their nike trainers was an intensely stupid idea. I was able to help them gain a fresh perspective on their actions. Took the gun off them an lobbed it in the canal – they seemed to think that telling me it actually belonged to one of their ‘dads’ and they’d get a doing if it wasn’t returned was going to influence my course of action.

allthepies
    Free Member

That’s a pretty clear image, hopefully someone will identify and shop the scrote.

1970dgf
    Free Member

Hi All

Hopefully thay will catch the P***K

Shooting

@PeterPoddy, any ideas?

Thanks

big_scot_nanny

rocket firework launched from bushes at me going past seaton Park in Aberdeen one eveing. I am convinved it went straight through the front spokes!

Happened rather quickly, didn’t relly think about it at the time.

Sadly, no fist pie from me!

Kev

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Cyclist shot with a BB or pellet gun’ is closed to new replies.