Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cyclist killed A21 East Sussex.
  • dantsw13

A cyclist was killed in a Hit and Run incident in my village last night.

Police are appealing for witnesses to a hit and run collision on the A21 Robertsbridge bypass in which a St Leonards cyclist died.

A red Fiat Punto and a bicycle collided shortly before 4.30pm yesterday (Monday 18 November).

A 50-year-old male cyclist from St Leonards died.

A 60-year-old woman from Battle was later arrested in Battle on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and drink-driving.

The A21 between the Northbridge roundabout and George Hill in Robertsbridge had to be closed by police for more than six hours.

Sergeant Stewart Goodwin said: “I am keen to speak to anyone who saw the collision happen or the cyclist or red Punto in the moments beforehand. I’d also like to speak to anyone who saw the Punto being driven away from Robertsbridge.

“If you saw anything please contact us, no matter how little you think you know. The information you have could be vital.”

Anyone with information should call 101 quoting Op Jutland or email collision.appeal@sussex.pnn.police.uk.

Thoughts go out to family and friends.

dlr

Heard this on the news last night, not good 🙁 The road is really wide there with only a gentle bend in a car at the bottom of the hill going northbound

dantsw13

Personally I avoid the A21 like the plague.

We sometimes ride from Robertsbridge to Bedgebury using the A21 pavement. I was stopped by the police once for doing so. We had a friendly chat about the weight/speed of traffic on the A21, and he agreed that as long as we rode sensibly, he was happy for us to carry on.

project
    Free Member

A 60-year-old woman from Battle was later arrested in Battle on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and drink-driving

STUPID WOMAN

dantsw13

Whilst I probably agree, Ill keep my pitchfork in the shed until anything is proven.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

FFS!

theonlywayisup
    Free Member

This type of news is becoming a little too “normal”. Really sad. 😥

andypaul99
    Free Member

Looking forward to seeing a very long prison term for this woman, make an example of her. RIP.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cyclist killed A21 East Sussex.’ is closed to new replies.