Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)
  • Cyclist hating twitterist Summoned!
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Make her move 5 miles from her job
    DQ her from driving
    Ban her from getting a lift or using public transport
    Buy her a bike

dabble
    Free Member

A little disappointed at the motorist hating bile on here.

I think it’s been blown out of all “precaution” 😆

She is a daft lass, hit and runs are bad enough without boasting about it and then being too stupid to defend yourself properly as is shown in the tv interview, it just compounds her idiocy. Points, fine and a ban at the least.

project
    Free Member

Should be intresting when she turns up at a bike shop to pick up her new Bike to work scheme bike,

brooess
    Free Member

I dread to think how the social media will go if she gets off or just has her wrist slapped.
    FWIW I think she deserved the public humiliation and the law needs to give her a proper punishment – how on earth can you drive away after knocking a cyclist off and then boast about it? It’s heartless.

We do need to stamp out all the anti-cyclist nonsense that goes on – people are getting harmed. This is a great opportunity to publicise the seriousness of driving like an idiot and to pass out proper punishment.

Even highly intelligent friends of mine who I otherwise know as nice, caring people come out with it… 😯

theflatboy
    Free Member

Presumably after this amount of time they wouldn’t summon her unless they were going to take it seriously?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

She’s only been summonsed anyway

What does “only” mean? Do you understand how our legal system works?

MrsToast
    Free Member

She hit a cyclist and didn’t stop.

Her social media output suggests that reckless driving is the norm for her (tailgating, speeding, taking photos whilst driving, hitting cyclists) – she’s not only a poor driver, she’s proud of the fact.

Her reaction to the outcry is all “Woe is me” – no apologies to the cyclist or for her irresponsible driving, or for her previous posts glorifying her crappy motoring skills. She calls the tweet ‘the worst mistake of [her] life’, and says she’d take it back if she could. Absolutely nothing about hitting a cyclist who she could have easily killed being the worst mistake (evidently it wasn’t for her, as she couldn’t even be bothered to stop) – no, she’s all upset because social media has bitten her on the arse. Boo hoo.

The issue isn’t her ill-advised use of social networks. Heck, the issue isn’t even the incident itself (bad as it was). The issue is a) her doing a hit and run, not stopping to see if the guy and his bike were unharmed and b) her entire attitude to other road users and total disregard for safety.

fhendry1
    Free Member

“judging me on one man’s side of the story”

Ummm I don’t think we are as we were judging you before we even knew who the cyclist you hit was. She is clearly a sh*t talking b*itch with no remorse to what she has done. I hope she gets the book thrown at her and if she doesn’t then I hope social media continue to make an example of her.

One other thing, I wish any of the articles I have read on the the matter explained to the general public that there is no such thing as road tax.

smell_it
    Free Member

[dodgy 70’s wah wah guitar] Am i the only person hoping she has to do saucy jail time, where regular bed time pillow fights are the only means of survival? [/dodgy 70’s wah wah guitar]

ononeorange

broess + a heck of a lot.

Well said.

nealglover
    Free Member

…Absolutely nothing about hitting a cyclist who she could have easily killed

Do we know that the collision was her fault ?

The cyclist involved seemed to change his story a bit and say conflicting things.

Both of them seemed totally unable to remember what actually happened and describe it consistently.

So, could she have “easily killed” him, or could be have “easily killed himself”

I’ve not seen anything that clears up who’s fault it actually was.

boblo
    Free Member

Not sure we got as far as ‘fault’. We got stuck on the silly bragging via Twitter about running someone over then clearing off….

nealglover
    Free Member

Not sure we got as far as ‘fault’. We got stuck on the silly bragging via Twitter about running someone over then clearing off….

And more silly bragging about not being hurt because he was too hard to be injured by her little car.

crazy-legs

One other thing, I wish any of the articles I have read on the the matter explained to the general public that there is no such thing as road tax.

A massive education and publicity campaign is needed – a total ban on the phrase “road tax” and a general appeal to common sense.

Earlier today, driving home from work (yes, just for today I had to drive, deal with it…) I was behind a tanker which slowed down dramatically, then pulled right over to the opposite lane of the road (normal single-carriageway road), he was practically on crawling up the right hand pavement, very slowly. He was overtaking a horse and rider. The rider waved thanks for the overtake – no revving engines, very wide.

Two minutes later the same tanker overtook a cyclist at 30 mph with about a 2ft gap. 🙄

Epic, total fail. A motorist will carefully overtake a horse or will sit behind a tractor at 15mph (neither of which pay “road tax”) with no problems. Show them a cyclist and the rule is “I NEED to get past – NOW!! And for good measure I might shout something about road tax!”

Hopefully, the courts might be able to make a bit of an example of this stupid woman but I’m not holding my breath.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

But that’s not what she’s going to be in court for. Failing to stop is the more serious of the two charges

She stated she hit someone and failed to stop. She knew she’d done it and bragged. Who was to name for the collision is irrelevant on that one. The Without Due Care will probably have to be argued out on the day

IanW
    Free Member

Cases like this go through the courts every day, £30 and 3 points. The publicity makes this one interesting.

RichPenny
    Free Member

I think I remember you trolling on the last thread.

hora
    Free Member

On my fave peaks routes has 100m’s of which I consider to be the most dangerous part of the ride: The road. In rush hour Ive noticed females never change lane/always ‘hug’ a cyclist. Literally.

Hence I stick to driving.

nealglover
    Free Member

I think I remember you trolling on the last thread.

You accuse me of trolling because I asked who’s fault it was when someone said

she could easily have killed him

We don’t know who’s fault it was, that’s a fact.

How is pointing that out “trolling” ?

You will have to explain it to me I’m afraid.

grilla
    Free Member

We do know who knew they had been involved in an accident but didn’t stop, that’s a fact.

MrsToast
    Free Member

You accuse me of trolling because I asked who’s fault it was when someone said

“she could easily have killed him”

Admittedly that’s true, but the balance of probabilities would suggest that it was her fault, as she has documented her irresponsible driving before.

OK, I might be being unfair, but I find it easier to believe that a person who:

a)Brags about speeding

b)Takes photos of themselves tailgating another motorist and complaining about them making them late for work

c)Takes photos whilst driving

d)Collides with a cyclist, doesn’t stop, then brags about it on Twitter and says he deserved it because she ‘had right of way’ because ‘he doesn’t even pay road tax’

…is more likely to be responsible for a collision than an experienced cyclist who would be risking his life by flinging himself into a car.

Junkyard
    Free Member

We don’t know who’s fault it was, that’s a fact

Did her tweet not say just hit a cyclist rather than a cyclist just hit me

Either way she failed to stop

nealglover
    Free Member

We do know who knew they had been involved in an accident but didn’t stop, that’s a fact.

Either way she failed to stop

I’m not saying she hasn’t done anything wrong, far from it.

Simply pointing out that its entirely possible that the cyclist was actually to blame for the collision.

Neither of them seem to be able to describe what happened without contradicting themselves, so how is anyone here supposed to know.

boblo
    Free Member

It doesn’t really matter does it as she hasn’t been reported for hitting a cyclist has she? She’s been reported for failing to stop and failing to report.

No wonder motorists pick on us, we can’t even help ourselves <sigh>.

nealglover
    Free Member

It doesn’t really matter does it as she hasn’t been reported for hitting a cyclist has she? She’s been reported for failing to stop and failing to report.

Well, You have forgotten about the first charge mentioned which was “Driving without due care and attention” which suggests blame for the collision.

No wonder motorists pick on us, we can’t even help ourselves <sigh>.

We don’t have to all have the default position of “the driver is always to blame for everything” just because we ride bikes.

imnotverygood

No, some of us ride bikes and also see the need to troll.

samuri
    Free Member

What this and the appalling language used on the various cyclist hating twitter feeds and websites highlight, is that we’re missing a huge education piece when we train drivers.
    Somewhere we’re missing telling people new to the road that as well as them in their ton of metal, there are also lots of other people, some of whom are more vulnerable and should be treated accordingly. You can’t just crash into some people, exchange insurance details and carry on, mainly because they’ve stopped moving for ever.

People like this girl and obviously many, many others, never have it explained to them that to get around the place in a car, you have to learn some rules which aren’t written in a book or passed down by your parents.
    I don’t know if it was just me but it was made very clear to me when I was driving that it was a privilege, not a right. The road tax arguments support that but more than that, people need to understand that unless they share, someone will lose and while that will most likely be the guy protected by nothing more than lycra, living with that on your concience is not going to be easy.

My dad told me if you weren’t prepared to behave on the roads in the same way you behave in the street, then you shouldn’t be driving. Pushing into a queue/bullying someone/scaring someone when you’re surrounded by a cage is easy….. try it when you’ve no protection and see how long it works for you.

brooess
    Free Member

Samuri, I like your Dad – we need more people like that 🙂

For all the reputation the Tube has, it’s a far less bullying place than London’s roads… mainly IMO because you’re face to face with people who can talk back to you/thump you if you’re a bully.

epicyclo

molgrips – Member
    Make her move 5 miles from her job
    DQ her from driving
    Ban her from getting a lift or using public transport
    Buy her a bike

That would be the very best punishment, but make her buy her own bike. 🙂

nealglover
    Free Member

No, some of us ride bikes and also see the need to troll.

Please explain why you accuse me of trolling ?

I’m just pointing out that it may not have been her fault at all.

Her actions since the collision have all been shocking, but nobody has any idea if the actual collision was her fault or not. And the only two people involved don’t seem able to be reliable in clearing it up either.

So when someone said “she could have easily killed him” I pointed this out.

How is that “trolling” ?

You must have a totally different definition to me 🙄

Junkyard
    Free Member

Did her tweet not say just hit a cyclist rather than a cyclist just hit me

Still waiting your explanation of how it was not her fault yet she tweeted that she hit someone rather than someone hit her

I think they think it is trolling as you are labouring a point that it is highly unlikely to be true though it could be argued to death if one was so inclined

FWIW I think they have more of a point than you do though neither is conclusive 😉

stumpy01

crazy-legs – Member

Earlier today, driving home from work (yes, just for today I had to drive, deal with it…) I was behind a tanker which slowed down dramatically, then pulled right over to the opposite lane of the road (normal single-carriageway road), he was practically on crawling up the right hand pavement, very slowly. He was overtaking a horse and rider. The rider waved thanks for the overtake – no revving engines, very wide.

Two minutes later the same tanker overtook a cyclist at 30 mph with about a 2ft gap.

Epic, total fail. A motorist will carefully overtake a horse or will sit behind a tractor at 15mph (neither of which pay “road tax”) with no problems. Show them a cyclist and the rule is “I NEED to get past – NOW!! And for good measure I might shout something about road tax!”

This is what I have never understood. People seem happy to sit behind horse riders for some considerable distance before pulling out, giving them a massive berth and tottering past at a 2nd gear idle in case the horse gets startled before giving a cheery wave and gently accelerating.
    If only the same courtesy could be extended to cyclists….

project
    Free Member

This is what I have never understood. People seem happy to sit behind horse riders for some considerable distance before pulling out, giving them a massive berth and tottering past at a 2nd gear idle in case the horse gets startled before giving a cheery wave and gently accelerating.
    If only the same courtesy could be extended to cyclists….

A horse, weighs a considerable amount of pet food, with a human rider perched on top, hit a horse or the horse jumps onto your vehicle its going to do a considerable amount of damage to your vehicle,and to you and your passengers, possibly involving a huge blood loss from the animal,(seen a few vehicle horse interfaces),along with was the horse insured for your damage /injuries, was it trained to be on the road and lots more questions that may invalidate an insurance claim.

Oh and its a nice touchy feely animal.

Where as cyclists are squdidgy, dont have insurance, or a licence,dont pay road tax to use the roads, even though it doesnt exist, are seen as a pest to some drivers, and are basicly expendable to some.

jamiea
    Free Member

Somewhere we’re missing telling people new to the road that as well as them in their ton of metal, there are also lots of other people, some of whom are more vulnerable and should be treated accordingly.

I was out on the road bike a few weeks ago and a learner driver in a driving school car squeezed past on a narrow bridge- unluckily the lights were against me and I was unable to add my little input into her lesson at the lights.

It really does need to be tackled at the earliest stage in a driver’s education, its a real problem. With more taking to two wheels those in power should really start to take it seriously.

Cheers,
    Jamie

xherbivorex
    Free Member

somewhat related, last night a lorry (in front of me) turning left at a junction/set of lights drove straight through the first line, right up to the ASL on a red light. i was turning right so i went on his outside, beyond the box so he could clearly see me. as i looked round, he yelled “what the f@#$ are you looking at?” so i pointed out that technically he had committed a traffic offence by not stopping at the first line. “what a load of f@#$ing shit” was his response, then he suggested he might run me over at some point in the future, then the lights changed and we both went on our ways.

educating drivers about sharing road space safely is paramount to all of this. otherwise we’ll just continue mourning the sad loss of others, complaining about terrible drivers and feebly applauding on the off chance that offending drivers actually receive some kind of punishment.

nealglover
    Free Member

Still waiting your explanation of how it was not her fault yet she tweeted that she hit someone rather than someone hit her

And he said he went 20 foot through a hedge but then said he didn’t. (Or something similar)

Their stories are inconsistent. (Both of them) and I don’t think anything either of them have said (to the press) can be relied on to work out what actually happened in the collision.

Cougar

We do need to stamp out all the anti-cyclist nonsense that goes on – people are getting harmed.

It does seem to be socially acceptable at the minute, doesn’t it. I’d wager that if her hashtag had been “#bloodypakis”, the subsequent discussions would be going in a very different direction.

I’m just pointing out that it may not have been her fault at all.

So when someone said “she could have easily killed him” I pointed this out.

These aren’t mutually exclusive though. She could easily have killed him even if he was the cause of the accident. Fat lot of good being right or wrong does you when you’re dead.

In any case, it seems unlikely. From the link in the OP, “a car came towards him at speed on the wrong side of a narrow country lane. The car’s wing mirror clipped him and he was launched from the bike into a hedge, he said.” Assuming that to be the case, she was far enough over the right-hand side of the road to hit a cyclist.

As an aside, googling their names give this nice, balanced report from The Mirror as the first hit.

Cougar

Their stories are inconsistent.

I think if I’d been knocked twenty feet through a hedge I might be a bit inconsistent as well.

Junkyard
    Free Member

so your defence is you dont believe a word she says so her admission is of no use….it might just work in court that one.
    Has he said he hit her then ?
    Has he said it was his fault?

Now why would anyone think you were trolling – as i said you can argue it but most objective folk will not agree

I shall leave you to murder the point to death

nealglover
    Free Member

so your defence is you dont believe a word she says so her admission is of no use….it might just work in court that one.

No.

My point is I don’t believe what either of them said.

I thought I was pretty clear on that.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Cyclist hating twitterist Summoned!’ is closed to new replies.