• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by poah.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • "Cyclist doing nothing wrong" shocker
  • ebygomm
    Free Member

http://www.scunthorpetelegraph.co.uk/100-cars-queue-cyclist-A18-Mortal-Ash-Hill/story-21101466-detail/story.html

“he left the Tata Steel works at the Anchor exit and then, perfectly legally, began the long haul up the hill – in the middle of the only available lane.”

Not sure whether the fact that a local newspaper is being so reasonable is a positive or the fact that it even made the paper a negative.

MrSmith
    Free Member

This from the comments is simply brilliant:

For those giving red thimbs and applauding the behaviour of the cyclist, I want you to imagine someone you really love and care about being involved in an accident just on the M180 there, they are trapped in a mangled wreck of a car, bleeding heavily and acrid smoke is pouring out of the bonnet! Now imagine your frightened, injured loved one who is looking likely to bleed to death or burn alive if the emergency services don’t hurry up and get there – except that the ambulance and fire brigade are stuck behind 100 other vehicles that are being blocked from getting up the hill by a blundering cyclist limbering ever slowly up the hill! Still think the cyclist is great for doing what they did?

RobHilton
    Free Member

Cyclists probly caused all wars and evil in the world too. Or at least prevented Superman getting there in time to stop them.

longj
    Free Member

Obviously not much going on in Scunthorpe. A non story but that comment made it all worth while. Genius bit of satire.

Olly
    Free Member

This is disgusting. Im really livid about this an im not sure how the council can take such a lazy stance on the whole affair:

An considerate early morning cyclist

AN CONSIDERATE.

Jesus wept

johnhe

That cyclist sounds like the most inconsiderate prat ever. It’s no wonder people are frustrated by cyclists if most of us show such blatant disregard. I come from a farming background, and when I see a tractor holding up a huge queue of cars, when they could easily pull over and let a brunch through, their lack of consideration shames me.

scotroutes

I’ve been caught in a similar situation (roadworks, narrow lanes etc) and would pull over after a while to let cars through There’s a difference between simply being legal and being considerate.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

That cyclist sounds like the most inconsiderate prat ever. It’s no wonder people are frustrated by cyclists if most of us show such blatant disregard. I come from a farming background, and when I see a tractor holding up a huge queue of cars, when they could easily pull over and let a brunch through, their lack of consideration shames me.

^this^

mag80
    Free Member

Huge numbers of people cycle to the steel works along that road and have done for years. Interesting that the councillor mentioned also had a bike shop in a nearby town. Not sure if he still does. What’s rubbish is given the road is a busy dual carriageway they’ve never upgraded the footpath to a cycle lane.

Greybeard
    Free Member

The OP’s link just took me to a full screen ad for Godzilla, not the article. It’s probably just the paper trying to get a return from their website, not malware, but take care.

project
    Free Member

Obviously the cyclist was a UKIP supporter, on his way to make a protest vote, but was going to arrive a bit to earl y so went slowly.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

The riding pack I’m part if always pulled over if there was a wye of cars being held up, just being considerate to other road users.

A lot of slow lorries pull over too and some don’t.

poah
    Free Member

except that the ambulance and fire brigade are stuck behind 100 other vehicles that are being blocked

my god how do they cope in rush hour – they should invent some sort of light and sound making device to warn people there is an emergency vehicle needing to get by.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘"Cyclist doing nothing wrong" shocker’ is closed to new replies.