Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cyclist dies near Chesterfield
  • woody21
    Free Member
    JoeG
    Free Member

🙁

Onzadog
    Free Member

How many more have to die needlessly like this? Something needs to change, drastically and soon, in this country.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

How many more have to die needlessly like this? Something needs to change, drastically and soon, in this country.

and all the motorcyclist and car drivers and pedestrians

Pook

I saw the bike and investigators as I was driving home that way. Sad sight. That stretch of road is very fast but with some long unsighted bends. I’ve always feared for riders on there and it isn’t somewhere I’d like to pedal myself.

Thoughts with his/her family

Pook

*his

martib

Agreed! I notice it on my drive into work that a lot of drivers these days seem unable to look down the road and anticipate potential hazards and drive accordingly, or throw hissy fits because you do and it holds them up for a few seconds.

Road Policing in the UK is a joke, I commented the other day how despite commuting along a couple of main A roads in the County I never see any Police on them doing enforcement, yet I see plenty of very poor and anti social driving 😥 Yet they can spend time chasing up someone half way across the Country, who posts something offensive on Social Media. Priorities are all wrong IMO 😥

Thoughts with the family & friends.

willyboy
    Free Member

This is quite saddening. But why on earth anyone would cycle on the A61 is a mystery to me.

The ‘old’ Chesterfield road is practically parellel to it and is much quieter with a 40 or 30mph speed limit most of the way. I know that cyclists are allowed to ride on dual carriage ways (I used to TT on the A50), but most of them are getting far too dangerous to cycle on now.

Pook

It was here

The distance between the bike and the point at which they were taking photos of things on the road was about 150yds.

Aside from the rider, the poor girl in passenger seat of the citroen looked devastated.

Tragic all round.

By the way, i’m not one for rubber necking, but we were stationary beside it all as the traffic being looped back had blocked the roundabout.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

never fails to amaze me how there is such a low premium on human life around the world.

I’m increasingly seeing motorists make stupid manoeuvres when it comes to cyclists, twice in the span of 10 days I’ve had a car/van swerve around a cyclist at some ridiculous speed when there is no way he/she could have had a clear vision of oncoming traffic. In the last instance I had to swerve violently to avoid head on collision. Even the missus was swearing.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cyclist dies near Chesterfield’ is closed to new replies.