Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • cycling trousers ? whats good ?
  • renton
    Free Member

I’m looking for some trousers to ride to work in in the cold weather.

Not sure if I want tight stuff or not really.

What’s good ?

hilldodger
    Free Member

Endura singletracks are pretty weather resistant and comfortable on/off bike

toofarwest

My Singletracks are still going strong after about 5 years, have just bought a pair of Tech Pant overtrousers as they’re on offer on CRC but not had a chance to wear them on the bike yet.

renton
    Free Member

What’s the diffrence between the tech pants and the single track s.

I would like some trousers to wear on my ride to work. I don’t want to wear lycra shorts underneath just boxers.

deano8
    Free Member

Got some Endura singletrack 2 for sale, only worn once. Size medium
    £45 posted

toofarwest

Techs are waterproof (or sold as such) Singletrack do have the DWR coating and more pockets and are clickfast compatible, also they have the zipped vents on the front.

renton
    Free Member

Ok. Any others to consider?

Dr_UpGrade
    Free Member

I like my polaris AM1000’s… (DWR coating ‘only’ but nice and light feel, yet warm enough for sub zero commutes in the am here in Austria at the moment..

Lummox

Altura do a pair that I’ve used for a few years, same as the single tracks. Comfy and hard wearing

mlke
    Free Member

Swrve are great but pricey. Come in a big range of sizes /weights

Suggsey
    Free Member

I’ve got the Altura ones too and they’re now my default cooler weather riding gear to look after the creaky knees and to protect from bramble rash. The DWR coating is okay but if I know it’s going to be wet or super muddy type wet I’ll just wear my Attack Trousers instead. If they do wet out they dry pretty quick and if you google them you should pick them up cheaper than the Endura ones.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Vulpines Epic Cotton trousers? Pricy but if they’re anywhere near as good as the jackets worth every penny IME.

downhilldave

Had some Singletracks for a couple of years, without mudguards 😯 , bad word I know, but,you will get a wet butt. The thing is they don’t feel too bad when wet. Depends if you need to arrive dry. Only use em offroad and I like them for that, like I say you get wet BUT not too uncomfortable, it’s wierd you notice the big splash etc but then not much till you stop. Stops cold knees/legs. I wear em when it’s miserable and cold outside and love em.

househusband

Keela do a couple of trousers; the Scuffers and the Roadrunners – I’ve had a couple of pairs of the former for mountain biking. Available in different leg lengths and the added bonus being that they’re not made by Endura…

Simon

I’ve got some Fox Shuttle pants that I really like for winter riding. They fit well and the fabric is stretchy so they are very comfortable. Water resistant and lined. They’re discontinued now but there might be the odd pair left somewhere.

I’ve also got some Keela Scuffers for hill walking after househusband recommended them on another thread last year. I’ve not ridden in them but I think they’d work for riding.

renton
    Free Member

Thanks.

Just to be clear I am after some trousers not over trousers.

It’s for a 6 mile commute on a cycle path and just need them for warmth and comfort.

simon_g

M&S of all places has some quite nice ones.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/cotton-rich-active-waistband-tapered-leg-utility-chinos-with-stormwear/p/p22276661

Bit of stretch and waterproofing, and couple of nice cycle-specific details like being able to taper down the ankles.

renton
    Free Member

What are the altura ones I should be looking at ?

g5604
    Free Member

shower pass are excellent.

renton
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies.

Ive just ordered some endura humvess.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Ive just ordered some endura humvess….

….the one thing no-one recommended

aP
    Free Member

rapha jeans. Its what I’m wearing at work this morning, and I cycled 5 miles to get here.

renton
    Free Member

They are 20 quid cheaper than the singletracks though.

If I dont like them I can always send them back and buy something else!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘cycling trousers ? whats good ?’ is closed to new replies.