• This topic has 22 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by teef.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Cycling tops with Zips on the rear pockets
  • simmy
    Free Member

Do they exist ?

For the first time this year I decided to take the road bike out and it was a nice change from the MTB and Hybrid but I was paranoid about losing my phone and keys so if there are any jerseys out there with rear zips I would be grateful for any links etc

Thanks

butcher

DHB. Stolen Goat.

It surprises me so many don’t come with zips tbh.

Tiger6791

You’ve got your Moutain Bike head on. Roads are flat and dull and not bouncy therefore stuff doesn’t fall out.

aracer
    Free Member

Yes, I own one, have had it ages so no linky.

I wouldn’t be so worried though – I always carry my phone and keys in unzipped pockets and haven’t ever lost one (and I’ve spent thousands of hours on road bikes).

simmy
    Free Member

Yeah you are right I’m used to bouncing about on the MTB and stuff will go missing doing that.

Mackem

I wish more had a zipped front pocket.

zilog6128

I always MTB in a roadie top if not wearing a pack so I can use the pockets for phone, keys, wallet, food, etc. Not lost anything yet! The pockets tend to be pretty deep and tight (fnaaar) so I can’t really imagine anything just bouncing out.

nickdavies

Decent tops hold kit in place anyway, I’ve never lost anything on road or mtb from jersey pockets. I used to feel like I had to have a zip now I’m not so bothered.

I’ve got a couple from lusso with zip pockets on the right rear but keys only not really big enough for a phone. Have 2 with zip pockets that are quite big from decathlon but they are centre pockets and I never put anything hard in the spine pocket, not going to go well if you land on it.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Not cheap but Ground Effects stuff tends to last a lot longer than most other tops I have had. Plus zips 🙂

Road Rage

uphillcursing
    Free Member

I have an Endura one with at least one zippered pocket on the rear. Cant remember the model though.

bails

I got some cheap Funkier ones from Halfords that have two open and one zipped pocket on the back.

Haze

I have a Howies Slipstream with a zipped pocket, gives a little extra confidence but to be honest I’ve never lost anything anyway.

The only times I’ve come close are when fishing around for something and inadvertently pulled something else out with it.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Planet X have a few as do Decathlon

I like my smartphone and credit card to be zipped in all the time

lunge

Planet X have a few as do Decathlon

I was going to type exactly that. Cheap too.

Haze

I like my smartphone and credit card to be zipped in all the time

I use a waterproof pouch…phone, cafe money & debit card all together.

The whole thing is pretty snug in my middle pocket, works really well.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Rapha have a zipped pocket on the Core and the Classic jersey. Maybe the others too. THANK-YOU-2017 will get you 25% off until the 30th

Yak

Torm have a couple of zipped pockets + the 3 usual open ones.

crazy-legs

Some of Rapha’s range have zipped pockets, notably the Brevet range.

https://www.rapha.cc/gb/en/shop/brevet-jersey/product/BJR04XX

I’m the same, I hate having valuables / keys unzipped in pockets. I lost a phone once years ago while in an aero tuck descending a hill – felt it slide up the back of the pocket then it fell out onto the road and shattered.
    On non-zipped jerseys I try and wedge the lot into the middle pocket inside a waterproof pouch.

aP
    Free Member

Alé jerseys have a zipped pocket, as do most Rapha jerseys.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Torm sport two zipped pockets in addition to three big one.

You’ve got your Moutain Bike head on. Roads are flat and dull and not bouncy therefore stuff doesn’t fall out.

I’ve had stuff fall out whilst tucked in for descending.

atlaz
    Free Member

Definitely Rapha ones do. But I rarely use them, stuff doesn’t tend to fall out unless I crash or overstuff pockets and fish around for food or my phone or something whilst riding.

beanum

Alpkit Rhythm (and Alpine) jerseys do…

Alpkit Rhythm

teef
    Free Member

Endura Hummvee jersys – good quality & not too expensive – £20 here:

http://www.jejamescycles.com/endura-hummvee-ii-s-s-jersey.html?gclid=CIH_29eM29QCFe6d7QodKWkHiA

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Cycling tops with Zips on the rear pockets’ is closed to new replies.