Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Cycling, sunshine & twisted metal
  • pukenroof
    Free Member

Drove to a new (to me) localish park before work this morning, got the bike out the back of van & enjoyed a leisurely hours cycling before the daily grind – I was as chilled as my hands.

Anyway I put the bike on the rear Fiamma rack for the day (bike kept inside van overnight for security reasons) & set off to work…….

Never ever ever thought I’d do it, 5 years I’ve had that rack, I’m constantly alert, but not this particular morning…….

Luckily it was a 2.3m barrier & not the usual 2m, so the impact was minimal!! Got another 6 hours work before I can properly assess the damage too..

Too embarrassed to say anything to anyone in person, thought I’d share on a public forum instead for the: numpty/sympathy replies.

😀 😳

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Nearly did it turning into a car park nr Cutgate, easily done.

pukenroof
    Free Member

I made the mental check on the way in too! Switched off on the way out hadn’t I…

mjsmke

It’s easily done. I drive a very small car (Fiat 500) so im use to just flying through width restrictions. Im too scared to put the bikes on a boot rack incase I make the same mistake as you. Luckily the years of playing tetras means i can fit 2 adult bikes in the back of a fiat 500 by only removing the wheels.

Hope the damage to your bike is minimal.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Cycling, sunshine & twisted metal’ is closed to new replies.