Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Cycling Socks – Biemme or Coolmax or SockGuy
  • romster
    Free Member

Which one do you buy or have the most of already?

If you don't have any of these, let me know what socks you buy!

Romster

trail_rat
    Free Member

sockguy are a garbage gimmick

i wrote off 1 pair a ride for 6 pairs- wore through both big toe areas… they said "you need to cut your toe nails" – "funny that – i have no toenail on my left foot and my right foot is neatly trimmed and doesnt go through any of my other socks"

I use endura merino/cool max and thermolite in winter – cheap , comfortable and durable

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Smartwool PHD

MajorMantra
    Free Member

The Coolmax ones that are 3 pairs for £9ish are very good.

TooTall
    Free Member

DeFeet Wooly Bullies – the very best cycling socks I have ever had. Socks are not a thing to get excited about but these do everything really well.

peteimpreza

DeFeet all the way.

The wool versions in particular.

5thumbs
    Free Member

Only thing with Woolie Boolies is they are so damn small! I'm size 10 and had to swap my large for extra large but even then they barely cover my ankle bone.

And that's without shrinkin em in the wash (which they are prone to apparently given they have high wool content).

Apart from that fine! 🙄

romster
    Free Member

I'm not overly excited about sock's either….. 😯 ….worth getting some printed up do you think?

Del

ground effect. sportwool last too. man-made outer or wool mix is a good shout for durability. sizing up is sensible IME.

trailmonkey

i wrote off 1 pair a ride

+1 avoid.

crikey
    Free Member

Scott.
    Three pairs for 12 pounds, one black, one brown, one white. I've had hundreds of cycling socks over the years, Pearl Izumi, Northwave, Castelli, Biemme, Ozzo, Adidas, Oakley, etc.
    Get the length right, get the quality right and do try not to make them look like they come from Topshop, like certain other products…

Dibbs
    Free Member

M&S cotton rich socks do the job for me just fine for me thankyou 🙄

myheadsashed

Errr rapha or Smartwool.

romster
    Free Member

and do try not to make them look like they come from Topshop

Hahahahaha

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Trail Rat – Really? How the hell have you managed to get through six pairs in six rides? I mean, if you wore paper wrapped round your feet they wouldn't wear out that quickly!

I, some what predictably, have Sock Guy socks and never wear them out. I wear them for everything, mountain biking, road riding, running and just causually and can honestly swear that I have never worn any out

I'm honestly amazed.

romster
    Free Member

Interesting to see only one comment about Biemme…………..

trail_rat
    Free Member

rides were 10 and 24 hour races.

this was 2007 – never dared go near them again – premium product – not premium service – enduras 3 for 9.99 socks have held/hold up just nicely.

have they changed since ? its a shame cause they are different to the norm and easy to pair up after washing – youd say the endura socks were but me n the missus must have 30 or 40 pairs of endura socks between us – that gets confusing because medium and large look similar when washed

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Trail Rat – I've raced plenty of solo and team 24 and 12's so I'm still astounded that they wore out so quickly. We get so few returns on Sock Guy that I'm guessing it can't be a common problem? You don't have claws instead of toes do you? 🙂

The socks have changed in small ways over the years but as we've never been aware of a 'problem' with them I have to be honest and say that I don't believe the toe area has been changed at all.

amodicumofgnar

Smartwool or icebreaker – winter

Bridgedale biking or running – msummer

andygreener

I use nothing else than sock guys. Both on and off the bike. Only time I don't is in work. Never had a problem with them, though thinking about it they are the wool version if that makes any difference. I'd highly recommend them and have done to numerous people including non bikers.

radoggair
    Free Member

i wrote off 1 pair a ride

+1 avoid.

+2.
    Got 2 pairs, both with holes in the toes. I still wear em tho cos
    A/ they look good and
    B/ i'm ard, well ard

Wouldn't buy again though

Just got some cannondale carbon in crc sale. fantastic socks, comfy with zero wear so far. ( 1 month of constant riding. I have 2 pairs so wash 1 – wear 1 )

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Cycling Socks – Biemme or Coolmax or SockGuy’ is closed to new replies.