Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cycling socks
  • topangarider
    Free Member

I like to wear socks under my shoes. Not really high ones, more anklets. If, however, they have a quirky design – I may be able to go a bit higher.

What does the STW Knowledge think to socks (obviously when worn with shorts)? Is there different looks for when wearing lycra when racing/on the road as opposed to wearing baggies when larking about?

Wouldn’t mind livening up the collection, but all the fancy ones look quite high – and cost a bomb! So, whats the best solution?

topangarider
    Free Member

Oh, and don’t suggest STW socks!

swiss01
    Free Member

dear god in heaven. really!!!?

topangarider
    Free Member

Yes! And why not?!

Better than wearing those cheap ones my gran gets me every xmas – 20 pairs for a quid!

Don’t get me wrong – I’d never pay £10 for cycling socks. Once spent £16 on some smartwool mountaineering socks for Scottish winter climbs – but they are awesome!

audiophile
    Free Member

Alpkit make some goog ones that are a good price.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

20 pairs for a quid!

😆

radoggair
    Free Member

I like to wear socks under my shoes

Try wearing them in your shoes, it may help 😆

but, i’ve used loads of pairs. Currently prefer anklets ( cos they make my short ass legs look longer) and wear specialized ones, mainly cos i rode a specialized bike and like the ‘ i’m a knob end gayer in full team kit look ‘. Other than that, scok guy do good ones for mtb. General rule is: road = team kit and matching socks ( either shop or race team). : Mtb training/casual = funky socks that we think are cool but in all honesty unless your stopped with your feet in the air in the middle of a bunch of people then know one will ever notice what socks your wearing. Mtb race = same as roadie, team socks.

I also like to wear 1000 mile running socks if i’m doing long distances, they just seem to wear well and are comfy

HTH

cookeaa

dear god in heaven. really!!!?

+1

You are looking to “express yourself” via the medium of cheap colourful socks?

Why not go the whole hog and get yourself 37 pieces of flair…

They’ll only get muddy…

Send the missus to Primark with a fiver, she can buy herself a new pair of slippers with the change…

Northwind

Endura Baabaas are good- stay warm when they’re wet, comfy, etc etc and not badly priced for this sort of thing. And in case you’re worried about what they say about you, they say “I wear socks”

spiddy
    Free Member

Winter = SealSkinz (always), Summer = whichever unlucky sports socks I find first in the drawer.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cycling socks’ is closed to new replies.