Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Cycling shorts – How much!?!
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Just want a pair of cheapish loose fitting cycling shorts.

I thought this was a simple thing. I don’t have the shape for lycra or the gnarly radness for jeans. Just a pair of shorts I can cycle in for about £20 – £30

Why are there shorts costing £60plus?

scaredypants

think of the acreage WCA – my shorts seem a bargain when I look at it that way

sweepy
    Free Member

these are great and cheap, go up at least a size tho

mrmo
    Free Member

Why are there shorts costing £60plus?

You get what you pay for and diminishing returns. More expensive does mean more comfortable, more durable. Although some brands stiff you because they are trendy

more than £60 shorts

and yes i know these are lycra, just illustrate the point.

CaptJon
    Free Member

No idea about what size you are WCA, but these are great. I’ve had two pairs for years and they are still going strong: http://www.stif.co.uk/mtb/product/fox-ranger-shorts-2011/9487

nbt

£10 a pair in decathlon

Northwind

Altura Mayhem are reasonably priced, and better than some shorts costing twice as much. Don’t know yet how durable they are, as neither of my pairs are more than 2 years old so they’re not even showing wear. Very good indeed.

Stoner
    Free Member

these are great. Baggy, good pockets, tough, and bargin price.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=69458

takisawa2

I was looking at the ones in Declathon, & they do one thats almost identical to Enduras Humvee. About £20 I think, but fabric / construction wise they looked remarkably simillar, if you know what I mean… 😉

Also, check out their running gear, I picked up a Kalenji long sleeved top thats cut better for riding than running (dropped rear hem, long angled sleeves etc), for about £12.

Expect the Raffa clan in any minute to start tutting… 🙂

aftershock
    Free Member

I bought 2 pairs from Decatlon, 1 pair knee length £19.00 the other pair 3/4 length £14.00, value for money I don’t think they can be beat

Had them for over 6 months riding twice a week and there showing zero wear.

Wally

3rd Decathlon.

PaulD
    Free Member

4th for Decathlon.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Decathlon – No stores near me so I guess I buy and hope they fit.

Do they size things larger or smaller than reality? I ordered two shirts from a place recently both apparently the same size. I wore one and went camping in the other.

nbt

Decathlon are normally ok with sizes

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I was looking at the ones in Declathon, & they do one thats almost identical to Enduras Humvee. About £20 I think, but fabric / construction wise they looked remarkably simillar, if you know what I mean…

A lot of Decathlon stuff is great. I bought a windproof warm jacket with zip-off sleeves a few moths ago, for just twenty three pounds in a sale. Was about £50 normally, I think, but as good as loads of stuff costing twice even that.

Most of it’s made in the same Far Eastern factories just labelled up differently….

(Checks time on £12.99 Decathlon watch that is accurate to within a second a month, more accurate than watches costing thousands of times that….)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Cycling shorts – How much!?!’ is closed to new replies.