Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • cycling shorts and jerseys for xc races and road rides
  • dobo
    Free Member

currently wearing baggies and t-shirts but its not so good in the wet and heat on long journeys.

think its time for an upgrade but no idea what to go for as the gear i see often has team branding and logo's i dont know which just seems too much for an average rider.

Recommend me something, links welcome

druidh
    Free Member

Endura do lots of plain, black cycle shorts and plain-ish jerseys

Smee
    Free Member

Gore contest bib shorts are a steal.

dobo
    Free Member

thanks will have a look, i like a bit of colour but just dont want to have team jarmin or saxo bank plastered all over me if you know what i mean

if anyone knows of links or bike mags that have reviewed kit recently i would be interested in that too

druidh
    Free Member

Have a look on Bikeradar for product reviews

dunkotm
    Free Member

go steal some kit off your mate's clothesline. Just get his sizing first to make sure it will fit… works well for me:)

jonb
    Free Member

just browse a couple of the big online shops like wiggle or crc. FWIW the dhb stuff is pretty good on wiggle.

luked2
    Free Member

Aldi sell some very cheap cycling clothes periodically. Some is junk, but some is OK. Just don't expect to win any prizes for best dressed cyclist at the next race you go to.

oldgit
    Free Member

Nalini, well priced stuff.
    Castelli.
    MOA
    North Wave, my favourite shorts so far are their 53/11's

Nalini stuff is proper race stuff and probably the best VFM. Endura is a little 'over made' like proper trail kit.

boxelder

http://www.groundeffect.co.nz

good value and more subtle styling. Arrives quickly too

dobo
    Free Member

ohh more to look at, at the moment its looking like maybe some dhb and gore stuff in the sale to start with, this could get expensive

i bloody hate clothes shopping

richcc
    Free Member

Grow a pair and get something lairy off probikekit.com!!

(they do also have some plain black kit, prices are good and service is excellent!)

BadlyWiredDog

Gore Bike Wear. Class kit.

aracer
    Free Member

Surprised nobody's mentioned Assos yet. Not that I'd recommend that – Giordana Tenax are very good shorts and half the price of Assos. A variety of nice plain jerseys around – my favourites are all Pearl Izumi, but I got them at sale prices – they're not that cheap normally. Otherwise Castelli do good value tops (and shorts), as do Briko. Nowt wrong with some Endura stuff, provided you get the roadie stuff – FS260 shorts are nice, my second favourites behind the Tenax.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘cycling shorts and jerseys for xc races and road rides’ is closed to new replies.