Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Cycling Road Shoes
  • flippinheckler
    Free Member

I’m in the market for some new cycling shoes as my lake boa ones are hurting me and the wire needs replacing in the left one. As it’s my birthday next week I am treating myself so I’m after carbon sole ones with comfy soft leather I like the look of Sidi wire one but heard they are quite rigid with not much give around the feet, not the sole as that’s were you need the stiffness. Budget is up to £250.

rpallen
    Free Member

Spesh Pro or S-Works. Lovely.

trailmoggy
    Free Member

You can’t can’t beat sidis and there are home cracking deals on at the mo

rOcKeTdOg

spesh s-works, like slippers!

stevio

Ribble are having a sidi sale till Tuesday if that helps and you are feeling brave?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Giro Empire on my shopping list.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Giro Empire on my shopping list.

Knowing my luck the laces would come undone and get caught in my chainring even though the laces get tucked away. Will get to the Spesh concept store and try some of their offerings on.

loversbike
    Free Member

I have the Sonic SRS by Northwave and they are very comfortable!! 🙂
    These shoes are lightweight, give support to the sole of the foot and perfect stiffness to transmit all my strength to the pedals.

Read here: http://www.northwave.com/en/cycling_shoes

Bye 🙂

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I really like those Giro Empires. I’ve a pair of Fizik R3’s, beautifully made and very stiff, no complaints at all and you can sometimes pick them up very cheap(ish).

atlaz
    Free Member

Giro Factor get my vote. Had a pair for 18 months, very happy with them. The Empires seem good too but not owned a pair

njee20
    Free Member

S-Works

tomhoward

Yup, S-Works

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Sidi or Vittoria, no contest really!

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Going to Leyland on a work related matter so planning to pop into Merlin to try various ones on May get some nice socks as well.

LardLover
    Free Member

Bont Vapor’s.

Failing that, Sidi’s.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Fizik – better than Sidis.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I tried a number of different shoes on and decided on the the Sidi Wires Vernice with a whopping 40% off they felt the most comfortable and the quality of the wire ratchet system was miles better than other on offer at similar price point, the uppers are softer than they look on pictures so will be fitting the cleats later and going for a ride.

Thanks for all the input people. 😀

globalti
    Free Member

I’m amazed at how much STW members know about expensive road gear!

njee20
    Free Member

Why? Plenty of people have expensive road bikes…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Cycling Road Shoes’ is closed to new replies.