Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Cycling on the road when there is a cycle lane
  • ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Other motorised road users suffer penis envy. No it’s true. Most of the time riding in a city on a bike is faster and will beat a car journey. It’s slightly more socially (legalities aside) acceptable for us to nip on the pavement, ride out of a bike lane, run the red light, undertake, squeeze through cars on a dual carriageway. A car cant do those things as its way less socially acceptable for them to do them. Car drivers want to be the quickest to get to their destination. So do bike riders.

I know there’s a website that does clothing labelled, fasterbybike or quickerbybike which seems a good slogan but when I browsed the site they seemed to want to promote very legal riding which I don’t always do and didn’t want to sully the guys website if I was running reds! If you find anybody doing cycle gear with slogans that are better suited, post it up!

Lifer
    Free Member

lifer – thats much better than this – there is not enough room for a car and a bike at the islands – so you geta painted line and a sign trelling acar drivers not to overtake bikes at the islands – lethal

My problem with them is that it encourages people to switch off and just follow the cycle lane, don’t check when rejoining the road and I’ve seen a few near misses (mostly kids, it’s a school run route) – but I think it also removes the cyclist from the mind of the drivers, if you know what I mean. I don’t use them and just move over into the middle of the lane in plenty of time to make sure no one can try and squeeze through. Horses for courses though!

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Cycling on the road when there is a cycle lane’ is closed to new replies.