Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Cycling on road near Wigan or Bolton
  • aw
    Free Member

Anybody got some good routes around Wigan for an evening ride? Going away on business tomorrow.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Its not too far from Wigan to get over to Horwich, Rivington and Anglezarke.

This is a hilly loop I often do. Not mega long, just under a couple of hours, but some steep climbs alongside the resrvoirs.

Spot on for a decent evening ride!

markgraylish
    Free Member

Which side of Wigan will you be on? I used to live on the west side (actually, just west of the M6) and there’s some good riding around Parbold/West Lancs area. Plenty of pubs alongside the Leeds-Liverpool canal as well 🙂

I believe Sir Brad lives in that area now so I guess that’s a thumbs up for the road-riding potential…

chakaping
    Free Member

When are you thinking of riding? Might be able to join you and show you some good stuff. Not tonight though, heavy rain forecast!

I can give you some pointers for lovely , quiet lanes with some testing hills in the Parbold area mentioned by Mark above.

Or tomo’s route looks good for a compact route round Rivi way, I might try that Anglezarke lollipop idea myself.

🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Cycling on road near Wigan or Bolton’ is closed to new replies.