Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cycling insurance for Whistler trip?
  • aye-aye
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a travel insurance company that will cover “extreme” mountain bike riding (non-competitive) for a months trip to Whistler.
    We have used Snowcard in the past but their quote was something like £240 each this time.
    Any ideas?
    Cheers

andy7t2
    Free Member

try dogtag used them last year in the alps and were one of the cheapest and best i could find, not sure what there like for canada but worth a look

mikey74
    Free Member

Oops: Should have read the OP in full 😳

Having said that: Insurance is not something to save money on, so go with the best, regardless of the cost.

I have heard some dodgy things about Dogtag, and many others I contacted would not cover me for DH riding.

I’d say stick with Snowcard.

Also, check what is covered under your household insurance: You may find you don’t need the baggage and personal items cover, which will reduce the premium dramatically. As my stuff is covered with my M&S insurance, I remove all the baggage and personal items form my travel insurance. My quote from Snowcard is approx. £136, for three weeks.

toys19
    Free Member

I found that insure and go cover downhilling as long as its not racing. They say extreme terrain is anything not on a clear path or track.

andy7t2
    Free Member

downhill is covered in their extreme cover

what dodgy things have you heard about dogtag was gonna use them again this year

mikey74
    Free Member

They say extreme terrain is anything not on a clear path or track.

Sounds too open to interpretation, for my taste.

I contacted Direct Insurance a year or two and they said I was not covered for “cycling down vertical paths” – what kind of definition is that? 😯

what dodgy things have you heard about dogtag was gonna use them again this year

Just difficulties with getting anything out of them if a claim was made.

fleab
    Free Member

Try Tagdirect. We have them for annual multi trip and are reasonable price, not sure what single trip costs are like (though I think annual covers a 31 day trip).

Downhill mountain biking is covered under extra activities: ‘mountain biking: strenuous terrain’

They have huge excesses.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cycling insurance for Whistler trip?’ is closed to new replies.