Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cycling in Tenerife
  • shermer75
    Free Member

Has anybody been? I’m thinking of going with the missus in December. Has anybody got any useful info to share? My plans are still very vague at the moment…

shermer75
    Free Member

Whoops, wrong forum!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Mtb or road? If mtb then may be worth getting in touch with lavatrax.

shermer75
    Free Member

Nice link! Thanks for that. My plans are pretty vague at the moment- we’re prob gonna head out for two weeks, without bikes, for a mixture of beach, hiking, riding and sightseeing. Lavatrax looks ideal because they offer one or two days guiding and bike hire. It would be nice to do some kind of light touring as well…

gearfreak
    Free Member

There is a good bike shop in El Medano, they do bike hire, both road and MTB I think. The road climb up Mt Tiede is a really good challenge, may be cold in Dec (ie can be snow at the top). Did one day of MTB with lavatrax, enjoyed the day, and would say it’s good to go with them. Other road riding is also good, but roads can be quite busy, and very hilly!

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

+1 for getting a bit of guiding.

I took my bike there for a week a few yeasrs back, bought some maps and stayed at my dads flat. it was fun but I’m sure it would have been better with some local knowledge. The biggest mistake was a trail that looked good on the map but turned out to be tennis ball sized lava that basically shredded my shoes as I pushed through uphill… oh and dont do the Mosca gorge descent, its a walk. 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cycling in Tenerife’ is closed to new replies.