Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • cycling has brought me to the most beautiful things i have seen
  • jedi

the northern lights and a metoero crashing into the chilcotins in bc,
    my daughter riding with me at cyb.
    riidng at 30 mph in a crit. you nmae it but bikes rock!

whats yours

trail_rat
    Free Member

many a beautiful sunset/sunrise

mikey74
    Free Member

Green River overlook in the USA and the mountains of BC.

marcel
    Free Member

A beautiful crisp, snow covered bright winters morning.

Oxboy
    Free Member

mint sauce moment . . . .

brooess
    Free Member

Some great friendships…

jedi

high 5 guys and gals!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Those two will do for a start.

I quite like this one also.

jedi

sbz,
    rad pics!!!

leffeboy

That first pic nails it completely

jedi

all pics are void after that pic.

INNER CHILD RIGHT THERE!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

See that first picture. He was screaming at me because I was telling him that we had to go home. He wanted to do a third lap of GT green route.

spacemonkey

That first pic absolutely nails it. I hope we’ve all exhibited those same emotions at some point (and not just when were little people) 😀

cinnamon_girl

Super pics there. 😀

I just feel lucky to have seen some beautiful places and met fantastic people along the way. Bikes can bring out the best in everyone. 8)

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Some corners just feel magical. Again!

tommmm
    Free Member

Was at brechfa just yesterday and ended up following a buzzard up one of the valleys. Absolutely amazing.

MrGreedy

Too many moments to name – best this year are probably flying up Cut Gate after a bone dry week in April, then railing down the hairpin on the Bwlch during the Dragon ride. Credit where credit’s due, Jedi played a big part in the latter – you’d have loved my footwork Tony 😉

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

SBZ – awesome. The last one especially.

spacemonkey

My missus said the other day, “I misread the name on your bike and thought it said ‘Spiritualized’.”

That just about summed it up to me, so I replied, “One and the same 🙂 ”

She knew the score.

Will also add that I took one of my (proper psycho) mates out riding a few times about 5-6 years ago. He repeatedly said it was the most fun he’d ever had. Made me feel pretty chuffed actually, bearing in mind all the weird shit he kept being involved in. Was like being a pair of grinning kids all over again 😀

samuri
    Free Member

Yeah, I’m inclined to agree. My son at Glentress.

glentress1 by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

Also, A midnight/early morning drunken/stoned ride to the beach with a friend still rates as one of the most memorable rides of my life.

BlobOnAStick

Getting up at 4:30 one morning in Italy and cycling through thick fog up the Varita Valley until my head poked out above the clouds to see the sunlit Alpine peaks. Beautiful. Then hitting 100kph on the way back down so I could get to work on time. Yeah!

The view across to Hay Bluff from the Malverns. Any time of year, with my heart pounding from the climb.

….to name just two.

user-removed
    Free Member

SBZ – I take it all back – you do have a soul 😀

Waking up in a tent, fixing a coffee and just riding to the next destination (via a croissant shop) is what does it for me – especially if you’ll be doing the same thing for the next month or so…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

One of the coolest things I’ve ever seen whilst out riding was a tiny skink, in the outback in Oz. Extremely difficult to spot, camouflaged so effectively against the twigs and stuff on the forest floor, but a tiny movement caught my eye.

Halfway round the World, and it was, to me, the best thing I’d seen. Sometimes it is the tiny, the insignificant, the easily missed, that somehow is all the more wonderful to see.

Kevevs
    Free Member

just like my knob. ;D

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah, but the difference is Kev; no-one’s ever seen that! 😀

Heh!

Talk about lowering the tone….

grum
    Free Member

Bloody hippies! 😉

SBZ those pics are lovely.

This was pretty special for me after a long time off the bike.

My Specialized Pitch – Ben Lomond by Grum Wynne, on Flickr

iain1775
    Free Member

Probably cycling across the golden gate bridge early one morning in 1997 knowing marin county was ahead of me, then on same ride coming out of trees (muirwoods) to see a beach and the ocean ahead and going over the bars into the surf then returning to san fransisco with the sunset having been out around 12 hours

I hope though that in the next two years those memories will be surpassed by images similar to SbZ’s pictures, awesome mate sums up what biking means to me now, passing the experiences on to my next generation (it’s already started when I turned round the other day and caught 1 year old Isabel giggling and clapping away in the trailer)

Isn’t mountain biking the best

RealMan
    Free Member

Attacking against my dad 7km from the top of a ~20km climb in the Pyrenees. Dying so bad I thought I wasn’t even going to make it to the top, with 2km to go. Him sailing past me. Ouch 😀

And yes, I was wearing THE jersey.

Northwind

Toiling up a bloody horrible mountain road in France, eyes on the front wheel, brain just totally tied up in boredom and tiredness and general misery, nothing real in the world apart from tarmac and sweat and grey rock on either side… Then rounding a corner and looking up for the first time in 20 minutes and seeing the roof of the world, spread out for so far my brain just stopped working. This picture does it no justice but it’s good enough to bring it back.

GOPR0107 by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

More locally, sunsets over the reservoirs 10 miles from my house that I would have missed, and snow on the hills…

Retrodirect
    Free Member

Seeing the Milky way on top of a ridge in Charyn Canyon – castle’s valley (Kazakhstan) whilst being kept awake by the worst diahorea my bumhole has ever experienced.

shortcut

Moments – realising I was capable of clearing tabletops at Laggan. Although big they are easy and buttery smooth! Felt lovely.

Stuff I have seen – painted desert Morrrocco, Moab. Sun up and sun down over proper mountains. All my friendset through riding! That is, in fairness, most of them!

And riding above the clouds, or in the snow!

JasonDS

SANY0019.jpg by jason.stapleton, on Flickr

The wee nipper.

wallace1492
    Free Member

Cycling round Easter Island the day after viewing a perfect eclipse. Rounding a corner and seeing the giant Moia was just awesome.

philconsequence
    Free Member

mrsconsequence grinning as she rides towards me, in fact… all of my friends/riding buddies grinning ans laughing whilst out on the bikes.

Andituk
    Free Member

Stanage Edge by 555Andi, on Flickr

Sunset over a cloud inversion from Stanage Edge. Stunning moment as you crested Stanedge Pole to see it stretched out all around.

Bikes have shown me some fantastic things, so many people in the world only see stuff through their TV or computer.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

The more I ride the more I appreciate everything in this world and how lucky we are to have it. Shame so many around us take it for granted.

Nature’s great!

Zoolander
    Free Member

Getting up early and taking the long route to work for no other reason other than it had snowed 🙂

ir_bandito
    Free Member

This
    DSC_0527 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

and this:

DSC_0033 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

Followed by this:

110502175050_H – Copy by ir_bandito, on Flickr

and these:

P4290012 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

TheBrick
    Free Member

cycling has brought me to the most beautiful things

Like that funny scar on my elbow.

brassneck

I heard the title and first post in Rutger Hauers voice in Blade Runner..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘cycling has brought me to the most beautiful things i have seen’ is closed to new replies.