Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Cycling gloves with touchscreen capability
  • benp1

Anyone have any recommendations for touchscreen capable gloves for commuting?

Would like to be able to use my Apple watch and iPhone without having to take the gloves off

This would be for cooler temps so 5-12C I guess, maybe lower. I get cold hands easy

A nose wipe on the glove wouldn’t go amiss…

Gary_M
    Free Member

Got a pair of Castelli Prima gloves yesterday but haven’t worn them yet. They have ‘Conductive Touch Technology fingertips’.

Feel nice on but don’t know how warm they are.

Not sure they will fit into the temperature range you need though.

I guess you could wipe your nose on them, but blowing snot rockets is better.

medoramas
    Free Member

For this temp range I go with DeFeet DuraGloves. Pretty basic, but comfortable gloves and last ages. Mine are standard old version, with no “touchscreen properties”, but after few minutes on the bike I can use my phone like I had no gloves at all.

Now they have a proper touchscreen version.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    zinaru
    Free Member

endura singletrack mitts have an ‘e-swipe’ finger that works fine on touch screen, just a shame they are already destroyed after half a summer of erm singletrack…

nemesis
    Free Member

My spesh gloves (summer long finger ones) have this. Doesn’t work though 😉

jam1e
    Free Member

Apply some AnyGlove and any gloves will work with touchscreens

😀

jekkyl

buy some conductive thread from ebay and stitch a little patch in your glove of choice.

nemesis
    Free Member

That’s what my spesh gloves have. Still doesn’t work 😉

lightman
    Free Member

If you do get cold hands, I would really recommend some bar muffs.
    I got a cheap pair for about £10 last winter and they were probably the best cycling purchase I have ever made!
    I usually only have to put some thin fingerless glove on when it get below -5 or, if its a bit warmer because my hands get a bit sweaty.

benp1

Liking the idea of tweaking my existing gloves

Does anyone have any genuine positive experience of the liquid?

jam1e
    Free Member

Yeah, I used AnyGlove on my gloves and it worked for a while. Had to re-apply it every few weeks though

MrKmkII
    Free Member

I have Spesh summer gloves. Didn’t work, but do now!

Personally I’d wear them down to 5degrees, but hardly a warm winter glove.

robware
    Free Member

Get a bit sweaty; the sweat will conduct the current required for capacitive touch screens (as found on phones) very nicely.

Alternatively you could buy some conductive thread and convert any glove in about 5 mins.

jemima
    Free Member

I just lick the finger tip of my glove… works every time…

m360
    Free Member

Pretty sure most Sealskinz gloves now come with touchscreen capability.

I would really recommend some bar muffs.
    I got a cheap pair for about £10 last winter and they were probably the best cycling purchase I have ever made!

Where did you get these from? How do you find them for signalling etc (easy to get your hands in and out of or do you get used to it?).

allfankledup

Use fingerless gloves 😉

I’ve a set of btwin gloves, not much padding in the palm, but they work for me

As I learnt last week, stopping to take pictures on your phone may affect your strava segment times.. *squinty bridge glasgow…

honeybadgerx

I find gloves with the silicone grippy bits on the end seem to work ok

akak
    Free Member

Bear in mind whether you need to use your thumb on the screen as my endura gloves only have 2 fingers with the pads so it is no use when riding one handed.

wallop

I use the tip of my nose… sometimes successfully! 😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Seem to find it’s all a bit random, but in general the ones that say they work don’t work that well and those that don’t work quite well 🙂

ebygomm
    Free Member

I converted mine myself with some metallic thread

honourablegeorge

Just use regular gloves and carry a frozen sausage with you at all times

http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/11/south-korean-iphone-users-turn-to-sausages-as-a-cold-weather-me/

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Cycling gloves with touchscreen capability’ is closed to new replies.