Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Cycling gives me the farts
  • onandon
    Free Member

Yep that’s right, after a doing my local 20 mile loop in the evening I just cant stop doing really long (4/6 second’s long) guff’s.

If I don’t cycle I don’t guff (not as much anyway),?!?!?!?!

Anyone else afflicted by this phenomenon

Could it be something to do with my metabolism speeding up?
    Could it be my position on the bike ?

I eat a variety of healthy food, no junk food so I don’t know what I can do about it.

I’m not too bothered but the wife isn’t having too much fun when she’s listening to the 10 o’clock news 🙂

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

everything makes me fart so i’d count yourself/wife lucky

onandon
    Free Member

If the average person farts 7 times a day, im above average most days but these are a special variety that only occur “post” cycle

uplink
    Free Member

I eat a variety of healthy food, no junk food

there’s your problem right there

😉

onandon
    Free Member

So a few pie’s would help ;0

uplink
    Free Member

Seriously – you could be swallowing air?

mandog

I thought the average was 14 per day.

IHN

It makes me burp.

Count
    Free Member

I think your shorts are too tight and preventing the natural “flow” until after you finish. I’d also try changing your saddle, possibly you are a victim of the ramjet effect common on roadie saddles from the 70’s and the air is actually getting into you from the other end.

MrAgreeable

Sugary food makes your gut bacteria go nutso, which may be increasing your production of golden air biscuits. It’s not just processed sugar either, beer and some vegetables (e.g. Jerusalem artichokes) have a high enough concentration of sugars to cause this effect.

julianwilson
    Free Member

possibly you are a victim of the ramjet effect common on roadie saddles from the 70’s and the air is actually getting into you from the other end.

quality! 😆

I burp a lot on rides. Anything over half an hour, really. I expect this is cos i swallow air with my poor breathing skillz. And i do fart a lot on really long rides but i expect this has to do with wierd exercise-whilst-digesting stuff and also go bars/energy drinks.

BoardinBob

Not farts, but whenever I’m going on a ride I pee and crap like mad beforehand. 😆

Longarmedmonkey

Perhaps I should see a doctor!

MrOvershoot

I thought everybody got the trumps after biking??

Just a thought on this loop you do are you sat down most of the time as I think its almost impossible to fart with any hope of a good outcome if your sat in the saddle and pedalling!
    So its probably just stored up guffs,

mandog – Member

A DAY!!!

More like an hour for me 😉

enfht
    Free Member

Tea makes me burp

matt_outandabout

I just farted 8)

yossarian
    Free Member

i think all the bumping around just loosens any pockest of gas that might accumalate.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Cycling makes me fart too. Luckily I usually ride alone so don’t give it a second thought.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Usually diet related for me, if I’ve been on the bean chilli, chickpeas, lentils and pulses, the morning commute usually involves a few half pedal rotations out of the saddle to release poison vapour.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

I think my missus and workmates would agree that i don’t need to cycle to get em going. Fart for England i could. Its all about power , control, volume and odour, there’s an art to it.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Cycling gives me the farts’ is closed to new replies.