Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cycling France Books/Advice
  • gcaster
    Free Member

Okay so my girlfriend and I are starting to plan cycling across France this summer and wondered if people could share some advice.

We're looking to cycle from Paris to Biarritz taking in some of the Loire Valley on the way. This should hopefully take us about 2-3 weeks at a reasonably relaxed pace, staying at cheap places (caravans ideally) and taking in the sights.

Have any of you done anything similar and are able to recommend any guide books, routes, waypoints etc?
    She's not the most experienced rider so wants to avoid any mountainous regions if possible.

As I say, we're just starting the planning at the moment so nothing planned as of yet and nothing's set in stone.

Also, if anyone knows of any good forums for picking up a second hand road bike that'd be great.

trailmonkey

A decent first port of call maybe the FFC (ffc.fr) website. I only ever ride off road but the VTT section of the site has always been a great resource.

Sounds like a great holiday 8)

gcaster
    Free Member

Is there any way of getting that website in English?
    I know a bit of French but our skills are only basic at best 😕

trailmonkey

I think that it's at least bi-lingual. The VTT section is anyhow.

Stoner
    Free Member

Mrs Stoner and I cycled across Spain and France a few years ago. Our blog is at pompinos.blogspot.com if you want any questions answered drop me a line by email

gcaster
    Free Member

Wow, looks like a really good blog and could well turn into a holy grail although I'm not convinced we'll be buying Ti Sporks!

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cycling France Books/Advice’ is closed to new replies.