Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Cycling film on TV tonight – Breaking Away
  • nbt
    woody2000

Might be worth a watch

You must be very young NBT, most of us watched that at first release 🙂

Great film, definitely worth a watch (it’s not really a cycling film however 🙂 )

inkster
    Free Member

REFUND…….REEEFUND !

Five star rating from me. One of the best feel good movies ever. You could hate cycling and love this movie.

SaxonRider

I’m not young but wasn’t aware of this film, so I’ll be watching.

DezB
    Free Member

Cool, will have a watch of that. Might’ve seen it, but if so, it was yeeeeears ago!

nedrapier

Great film! 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Is this “Talking Pictures” channel a freeview one?

nbt

Came out in 79, I was 7. Never even hear of it. Will try to find that channel on our tellybox tonight.

Home

Watch on Virgin 445 | Freeview 81 | Sky channel 343 | Freesat 306 | Youview 81

looks like it is. Film is repeated Saturday at 10pm

jonba
    Free Member

“The Italians are coming!”

pondo

Never heard of it but will record it, ta. 🙂

Esme
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator
    . . . . been around for years.

(Sorry, Drac – couldn’t resist 😉 )

user-removed
    Free Member

Ah crap. Started a retune of the freeview box to try and find channel 81 and the whole thing has shut down. Best get a decent book out for tonight then.

Yetiman
    Free Member

Crikey I don’t think I’ve seen it since the eighties so I’ll definitely have to try and watch it tonight.

neilthewheel

I remember the bit about the bike pump through the spokes featuring in a round of Screen Test with Michael Rodd.

MrAgreeable

Great film. And when you’ve watched it, you can have a cackle at the Bollywood version. 😯 (Skip to about 2:20 for the biking bit)

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0LfpLOjJlo[/video]

CraigW
    Free Member

Is this “Talking Pictures” channel a freeview one?

Should be channel 81. But seems its only available if you have a Freeview HD box.

tenfoot

Thanks. I’ll put that on the planner for tonight

inkster
    Free Member

Saw it at the cinema when it came out and loved it then, hired it out from sofa-cinema a couple of years back and if anything was even better than I remembered. A coming of age film par excellence, I’d have to disagree that it’s not a cycling film as such as I can’t think of a better cycling film. It’s just that I can’t think of a better coming of age film or portrait of middle America in the 70’s either.

As well written film as your likely to see. It was a low budget affair with no great expectations for it, though upon completion the studio knew they had a cracker and delayed the release to up the promotional budget and enter into competitions etc. It’s a film for everyone, from the kids to grandma. If you don’t enjoy it I suggest a visit to the doctor to check if your heart is still working.

inkster
    Free Member

Thanks Mr Agreeable, didn’t know about the Bollywood version, sorted out my viewing activity for this evening.

MrAgreeable

inkster, I really wouldn’t recommend watching the whole thing, unless you speak Hindi and have a very long attention span. The last bit with the bike race is a glimpse into a very strange parallel universe though!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Cycling film on TV tonight – Breaking Away’ is closed to new replies.