Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • "Cycling Embassy of Great Britain" submission to Transport Select Committee
  • scotroutes

Who asked them to represent me?

We argue that the principle issue is a failure to insulate cycling – generally, an intrinsically safe activity – from the dangers posed by motor traffic.

Totally disagree

bails

“Totally disagree”

You think cycling is an intrinsically dangerous activity?

The only places with significant levels of bike use for transport (not just by “cyclists“) are places where bikes and the people on them are protected from motor vehicles.

FWIW, I agree with it and hope that the committee actually pays attention to it, rather than coming out with something along the lines of “give cyclists hi viz, that’ll get 5 year olds riding the school run with their parents”.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Totally disagree

So you’ve read the summary on the webpage – did you bother reading the actual submission? It’s backed up with references and evidence and that.

Does very much depend what your objective is BUT if you want mass cycling then I completely agree that this is the way to go about it. If your priority is to promote cycling as a sporting activity for middle aged males you might want to do something different.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘"Cycling Embassy of Great Britain" submission to Transport Select Committee’ is closed to new replies.