Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cycling clubs close to Fareham/portsmouth
  • Rob_514
    Free Member

Just wondered if anyone knew of any good cycling clubs in the portsmouth/fareham/east so’ton area? Im after either a mtb or roady club that goes out on a weekly basis really. Just saw a bunch of roadies in Wickham around 7 tonight so there must be some groups about. With Wiggle just down the road Id imagine theres got to be lots of clubs, its just finding them. Any info would be great, cheers!

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

There are loads around that area. Can’t say what they’re like as clubs but I’ve regularly raced against them and they have some fast riders.

In the Portsmounth area you have

Hampshire RC
    Portsmouth North End CC
    Team Axiom
    Fareham Wheelers

Southampton;
    Sotonia
    New Forest CC

Winchester
    VC Venta

Should keep you busy for a while!

bigshep
    Free Member

Hargroves cycles in fareham have a good small club with Sunday rides and Tuesday/Thursday rides focusing on hill climbing and speed work.
    Where abouts are you, I’m in Stubbington and cycle both road and mtb if you fancy meeting up?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bartimaeus
    Free Member

If you want to ride off road you can sign up at Kingley Vale Mountain Bikers… we are not a club, more of a MTB social network. There are usually rides posted for around Kingle Vale / Stoughton (between Emsworth and Chichester) and Queen Elizabeth Country Park as well as points in between. You can just ask for some company or tag along with a group – and if you don’t know the area we can show you around.

mattbee

There is also the Thursday night Lordswood mob, a bit to the West.
    Friendly bunch and a good fun ride every Thursday eve, there is usually a roll call type post on here.

benjbish

Fareham Wheelers would be my recommendation, rode with them for a while a few years ago. Decent range of abilities and rides. Lots of training rides and types of riding. They normally do a road beginner ride from Wickham square on Sunday morning at 9am.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cycling clubs close to Fareham/portsmouth’ is closed to new replies.